The Excel like WPF grid control (virtual grid) provides rich, Excel-inspired features out of box for the best user experience. Its rich feature set includes merging cells, OLE drag and drop, cell comments, fill and copy series, freeze panes, floating cells, and input messages.
Dynamically merge data in adjacent cells and present that data in a single cell. You can also merge data based on content by writing your own custom logic.
OLE drag and drop
The OLE drag and drop feature allows users to copy or move content or complete style information between two grids. It also supports dragging columns or ranges of cells, like in Excel. Therefore, users can move a range of cells to another range of cells.
- An intuitive comment in a cell helps users show additional information for a cell.
- The look and feel of the comments closely resemble the Excel comment tips.
- The appearance of cell comments can be customized.
Fill and copy series
- Choose the fill or copy series operation with an intuitive UI.
- Fill or copy a series or pattern of values, like in Excel. It’s easy to copy the content of a cell to the neighboring cells in any direction.
- Fill a series of cell values with formatting.
- Freeze rows and columns at the top, bottom, left, and right positions, similar to Excel.
- Perform horizontal and vertical scrolling, except on fixed columns and rows.
- Customize the freeze panes’ line appearance.
Float cell content to adjacent cells when the cell content exceeds the cell size. This way, users can view the complete content of a cell.
- Users can display an input message pop-up for cells.
- Users can learn more about a cell when interacting with it in a tooltip.