Syncfusion is thrilled to roll out our second major release of 2022: Essential Studio 2022 Volume 2. Like other major releases, Essential Studio 2022 Volume 2 is packed with a new set of controls, features, and bug fixes.
Here’s a brief description of the major highlights for each platform.
- The new controls available in the .NET MAUI platform in preview status are:
- The .NET MAUI Scheduler control now supports:
- Displaying resources and their appointments in the timeline view
- Different types of calendars:
- The Xamairn.Forms PDF Viewer now supports:
- Polyline annotation
- Squiggly annotation
- The Xamarin.Forms Rich Text Editor now supports strikethrough annotation.
- The Flutter PDF Library has been developed to meet industry standards and is now production-ready.
- The Flutter PDF Viewer now supports:
- Right-to-left configuration.
- Hyperlink navigation from the content.
- The Flutter Charts widget now supports:
- Displaying the scrollbar always or on demand.
- Trimming intersecting axis labels.
- Customizing date-time axis labels.
- Slider, Range Slider, and Range Selector widgets now support edge label placement, which can shift the labels inside the axis bounds.
- A new Pager component.
- The following controls are production-ready:
- Syncfusion Blazor components no longer support .NET 5, but still support .NET 3.1 and .NET 6.
- The Blazor DataGrid component now supports sticky headers that render fixed headers while scrolling.
- The Blazor Word Processor control now supports:
- Accepting or denying the tracked changes in a document.
- Adding borders to the paragraphs.
- The Blazor Query Builder control now supports complex data binding.
- The Blazor Diagram supports:
- Displaying a context menu on right-clicking with possible operations.
- z-ordering to control the stacking order.
- Expanding and collapsing the child nodes.
- Using a complex hierarchical layout to arrange nodes in a tree-like structure.
Essential JS 2
- Syncfusion Angular components are now compatible with the latest Angular version, 14.
- Syncfusion React components are now compatible with the latest React version, 18.
- ES 2 component Sass files are compiled using dart Sass instead of node-sass. This change was made because node-sass has been deprecated.
- Angular Carousel control was developed to meet industry standards and is production-ready.
- JS 2 DataGrid now supports:
- Select all or none of the rows using the checkbox in the header.
- Header customization of exported data grid files.
- The Diagram control now supports:
- A Bezier connector with multiple editing points.
- Limiting the orthogonal connector segments.
- The Word Processor now supports:
- Accepting or denying tracked changes in a document.
- Adding borders to paragraphs.
- WinUI controls are now upgraded to Windows App SDK 1.1.
- A new Shadow control.
- Both ComboBox and WinUI AutoComplete controls now support:
- Adding leading and trailing views.
- Highlighting the search text in dropdown results
- Now DataGrid and TreeGrid controls both provide a pop-up to filter the values of date columns.
- The WPF PDF Viewer now supports squiggly and callout text box annotations.
- The Smith Chart control now supports data rendering based on the index.
Document processing libraries
- All the document processing libraries are now compatible with .NET 6 for .NET Core, Blazor, WinUI, and .NET MAUI.
- You can create PDF/A-4-conforming documents from scratch. Also, you can convert normal PDF documents to PDF/A-4-conforming documents.
- HTML-to-PDF conversion has been upgraded to the latest version of Blink.
- You can deploy HTML-to-PDF conversion via Blink to AWS Lambda.
- You can now create, edit, and remove watermarks and rich-media annotations in PDF documents programmatically.
- Convert Word documents to images in the .NET Core, Blazor, WinUI, and .NET MAUI platforms.