The WinForms Grid control provides rich, Excel-like features to provide a quality out-of-the-box user experience. These features include cell merging, OLE drag-and-drop, cell comment, fill and copy series, freeze panes, floating cells, format cell dialog, find-and-replace dialog, and split plane.
Dynamically merge data in adjacent cells and present that data in a single cell. You can also merge data based on content by writing your own custom logic.
OLE drag-and-drop between two WinForms grids allows users to copy or move content or complete style information. Supports dragging columns or ranges of cells as in Excel.
- An intuitive comment in a cell helps users to show additional information for that cell.
- Excel-like comment tip.
- Users can customize the appearance of cell comments as required.
Fill and copy series
- An intuitive UI to choose the fill or copy series operation.
- Users can easily fill or copy a series or pattern of values as in Excel. It is easy to copy the content of a cell to neighboring cells in any direction.
- View and edit formulas and values in the current cell using “GridAwareTextBox” control.
- Support auto-suggestion and multi-line text editing.
- Customize the appearance of the formula bar.
- Users can freeze rows and columns at the top, bottom, left, and right positions, similar to Excel.
- Horizontal and vertical scrolling can be performed, except on fixed columns and rows.
- Customize the freeze pane line appearance as required.
The WinForms grid provides support to float cell content to adjacent cells when the cell content exceeds cell size, allowing users to view the complete content of a cell.
Format cell dialog
Excel-like format cells dialog that aids in dynamic cell formatting. It provides options such as font, number, background, and alignment. With this feature available, you can format numerous grid cells with ease
- Users can find and replace text using an Excel-like dialog. This includes built-in options such as Find Next, Replace, Replace All, Find All, and more.
- Highlight the searched text to easily discover found content.
Display multiple views of the grid by splitting the grid view.