The WPF Multi Column DropDown Control (Multi Column ComboBox) displays multiple columns in a dropdown. The Syncfusion DataGrid control is embedded for a rich user interface. Users can define the columns in a dropdown as required. The control’s rich feature set includes autocompletion, filtering, sorting, and dropdown customization.
The Multi Column DropDown Control supports all popular data sources like SQL server, Oracle, and IEnumerable, and data providers like LINQ to SQL, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, and WCF Data Service. It allows you to design an application in the MVVM pattern, such as binding selected items.
Users can define multiple columns in a dropdown. Generate columns automatically from the underlying data object properties. Or generate the required columns alone in the dropdown.
- Edit text using an intuitive text box editor.
- Provide null values in editor.
- Make the editor read-only, and therefore non-editable.
- Select an item from a dropdown easily with intuitive selection highlighting.
- Highlight an item by hovering over it in a dropdown.
- Customize the appearance of the selection text color and background color.
- Append text to the end when users edit text in the TextBox editor.
- Auto-append text completion depending upon the underlying data objects.
- Perform autocompletion with case sensitivity.
- Search or filter items in a dropdown as you type in the editor to find an item within large data easily.
- Filter with case-sensitivity.
- Implement custom filtering logic for business use cases.
Column width can be adjusted (auto fit) based on the content of any column or column header in a dropdown. All the columns can be fit within the viewport of the dropdown. Users can also resize the columns like in Excel by resizing column header.
- Sort one or more columns easily by clicking on column headers in a dropdown.
- Implement custom logic for sorting.
Edit templates in Visual Studio Designer
- Edit the style template of the Multi Column DropDown control in Visual Studio Designer.
- Copy the element style templates to XAML view without writing a single line of code.
- Customize the appearance of the dropdown grid conditionally using templates.
- Customize the appearance of rows, columns, column headers, selection, and more.
Users can customize the appearance of a dropdown style:
- Border color and thickness
Adapt the control to rest of your business application with built-in themes. The different built-in themes are:
- Office 2010 and 2013
- Visual Studio and more
- Change the height and width of the dropdown.
- Auto-size the dropdown height and width based on grid’s height and width.
- Resize the dropdown dynamically using an intuitive resizing thumb.
Right to left (RTL)
Supports right to left (RTL) direction for users working in right-to-left languages like Hebrew, Arabic, or Persian.
The Multi Column DropDown control is compatible with Coded UI and UFT (formerly QTP) automation tools to automate applications.