Among all Xamarin.Forms component vendors, Syncfusion provides the largest collection of Xamarin components. It is the only Xamarin.Forms suite that contains over 65 essential components to build powerful line-of-business applications targeting iOS, Android, UWP, and macOS platforms from a single C# codebase. In this blog, we’ll provide a quick overview of the following components:
- Data visualizations (Charts, Barcode, Diagram, Circular Gauge, Digital Gauge, Linear Gauge, Maps, Range Selector, Sparkline, Sunburst Chart, TreeMap)
- Calendars (Calendar, Scheduler)
- PDF Viewer
- Image Editor
- Layouts (Accordion, Backdrop, Border, Cards, Carousel View, Expander, ListView, Parallax View, Popup, Text Input Layout)
- Editors (Autocomplete, ComboBox, CheckBox, Radio Button, DataForm, Masked Entry, Numeric Entry, NumericUpDown, Picker, Date Picker, Time Picker, Range Slider, Rating, Rich Text Editor, Segmented Control, Signature Pad)
- Buttons (Button, Chips, Switch)
- Navigation (Navigation Drawer, Radial Menu, Rotator, Tabbed View, TreeView)
- Kanban Board
- Notification (Badge View, Busy Indicator, ProgressBar, StepProgressBar, Pull to Refresh)
- Miscellaneous (Avatar View, Effects View, Shimmer)
The Xamarin.Forms ListView control is a list-like interface used to render a set of data items vertically or horizontally in a linear or grid layout.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin ListView?
- Allows easy arrangement of items in vertical or horizontal orientation.
- Supports easy grouping of items with straightforward APIs. Custom grouping is also supported.
- Includes all the essential features: grouping, swiping, pull to refresh, load more, item reordering, and much more.
The Xamarin.Forms DataGrid comes with blazing performance to efficiently and quickly display and manipulate large amounts of data in a tabular format.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin DataGrid?
- Lightweight and completely customizable.
- Built from the ground up to achieve the best possible performance, even when loading large data sets.
- Out-of-the-box features include editing, swiping, dragging, loading more items, pull to refresh, and more.
Xamarin.Forms Charts is an easy-to-use, cross-platform charting package for adding beautiful charts to mobile and desktop apps.
Why should you choose Syncfusion Xamarin Charts?
- Visualize and analyze data with an ever-expanding collection of 30+ charts and graphs ranging from line to financial charts.
- Easily create and customize charts with shared and intuitive APIs for iOS, Android, UWP, WPF, and macOS.
- Interact with and explore charts with features such as zoom and pan, selection, tooltip, trackball, data labels, and markers.
The Xamarin.Forms Barcode or QR code generator is a lightweight, high-performance control that displays industry-standard 1D and 2D barcodes in Xamarin.Forms applications.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Barcode?
- Allows complete customization of barcodes to augment their appearance.
- Supports most common 1D and 2D barcodes.
- Easy to use and integrate.
The Xamarin.Forms Diagram is a feature-rich library for visualizing, creating, and editing interactive diagrams.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Diagram?
- Provides automatic layout algorithms for organizational charts, hierarchical trees, and mind maps.
- Easily develop applications like flow chart makers and floor planners.
- Seamless interaction and editing capabilities.
The Xamarin.Forms Circular Gauge is a data visualization component that displays numerical values on a circular scale.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Circular Gauge?
- Easily customize the circular gauge to simulate a speedometer, temperature monitor, or a dashboard widget.
- Provides built-in animations and interactive pointers that can be dragged from one value to another.
The Xamarin.Forms Digital Gauge control is a data visualization component that displays alphanumeric characters as if in a digital display.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Digital Gauge?
- Displays characters in seven-segment, fourteen-segment, or sixteen-segment displays, or an 8 × 8 dot matrix.
- Easily customize the character color, size, and spacing with the control’s built-in customization features.
The Xamarin.Forms Linear Gauge is a data visualization component that helps display numerical values on a linear scale.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Linear Gauge?
- Easily customize the gauge to simulate tools like value indicators, progress bars, dashboard widgets, or thermometers.
- The Linear Gauge can be displayed in multiple directions.
The Xamarin.Forms Maps control is a powerful data visualization component that displays statistical information for a geographical area.
Why should you choose Syncfusion Xamarin Maps?
- Display maps from OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps, and other providers.
- Easily create graphical representations of geographical points from shape files.
- Place pins on maps to show the current location or other locations.
The Xamarin.Forms Range Selector is a filter control that provides an intuitive interface to select a smaller range from a larger collection. It is commonly used in financial dashboards to filter a date range for which data needs to be visualized.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Range Selector?
- Quickly select a time period with a modern interface to filter data for in-depth analysis.
- Seamless integration with Charts, DataGrid, ListView, and other Syncfusion Xamarin controls.
- Experience smooth interaction and responsiveness in different form factors.
Getting started: Demo Code
The Xamarin.Forms Sparkline control is a tiny chart that helps present trends and variations associated with a measurement, such as average temperature or stock market activity, in a simple, lightweight, and condensed manner.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Sparkline?
- Adds a simple, lightweight chart to your app that supports line, column, area, and win/loss series types.
- Easy integration with data grids to visualize data trends in a small amount of space.
Xamarin.Forms Sunburst Chart, also known as a radial tree map, is a data visualization component for charting hierarchical data using a concentric circle layout.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Sunburst Chart?
- Easily expand the children of a selected item using drill-down support.
- Unique enhancements include an interactive legend, tooltips, and selection support.
The Xamarin.Forms TreeMap control is a data visualization component that provides a simple and effective way to visualize flat or hierarchical data as clustered rectangles with a specific, weighted attribute determining the size of each rectangle.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin TreeMap?
- Provide quick and high-level summaries between categories at a glance.
- Display hierarchical data with more compact and space-efficient techniques.
The Xamarin Calendar is a functionally rich control that allows users to easily select a single or multiple dates in a built-in calendar.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Calendar?
- Allows selecting a single date, multiple dates, or a range of dates.
- Restricts date selection for a specific date or range and disables interactions.
- Easily customize the appearance to fit the rest of your application.
The Xamarin.Forms Scheduler control is an event calendar for scheduling and managing appointments through an intuitive user interface. This control is similar to the native device calendar.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Scheduler?
- Manage appointments easily for different applications with support for recurrence and time zones.
- Display appointments using four configurable view modes.
- Includes other vital features such as appointment rescheduling, date restriction beyond a specified range, and localization.
The Xamarin.Forms PDF Viewer is a feature-rich and high-performance control to view and review PDF files in Xamarin.Forms applications.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin PDF Viewer?
- Accurate and reliable PDF rendering.
- Various annotating tools for easy review of PDF files.
- Easy document navigation and interaction.
The Xamarin.Forms Image Editor is a powerful image editing component that allows users to easily crop, rotate, and insert text and shapes such as rectangles, circles, and arrows on top of an image, draw freehand, and more.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Image Editor?
- The only component that provides image-editing capabilities in Xamarin.
- Save edited images in different formats and sizes.
The Xamarin.Forms Accordion control is a vertical collapsible panel that provides stacked headers that can expand or collapse one or more items at a time to reveal the content associated with them.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Accordion?
- Fully featured, responsive collapsible panels with stacked headers.
- Beautiful animations when expanding and collapsing panels.
- Flexibility to expand single or multiple items.
The Xamarin.Forms Backdrop is a specialized page comprising two surfaces, a back layer and a front layer stacked one above the other.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Backdrop?
- The back layer height automatically adjusts based on its content and provides an option to expand up to the front layer header.
- The front layer can be displayed with curved or flat edges, and the corner radius can be customized.
The Xamarin.Forms Border is a container control that provides rounded or rectangular corners to the various views of an application.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Border?
- Customize the control’s background, border width, and border color.
- Display images in circular form by easily customizing the control.
- Customize all the edges with different corner radii.
Xamarin.Forms Cards is a container control that allows you to create a dismissible card or a stack of cards where one card is visible at a time until you swipe to see the next card.
Why should you choose Syncfusion Xamarin Cards?
- Create stacked cards.
- Create a dismissible card.
- Customize the elevation, background, border width, corner radius, border color, and indicator.
Xamarin.Forms Carousel View is an intuitive interface for navigating through a collection of views with and without scaling and rotation transformations.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Carousel View?
- Show items in 3D or linear arrangements.
- On-demand loading facilitates efficient data utilization. No need to pre-populate a large number of items at the same time.
- UI virtualization helps reduce loading time and the app’s live memory.
The Xamarin.Forms Expander is a layout control that can load any UI view in its header and content.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Expander?
- Provides a way to collapse and expand a panel when tapping the header.
- Beautiful animations when expanding and collapsing panels.
- Utilize other vital features such as customizable animation duration, animation easing, and header icon position.
Xamarin.Forms Parallax View is a visual effect that binds the scroll position of a foreground element (e.g., a list) to a background element and moves the background element at a different speed.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Parallax View?
- Easy customization of the parallax scroll speed.
- Supports horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Binds any control that implements the IParallaxView interface.
The Xamarin.Forms Popup layout, also known as the modal dialog, is an alert dialog or pop-up window that can be displayed in a desired position.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Popup?
- Use the control on the fly with various built-in animations.
- Use it as an alert or modal window to prevent interaction with the application.
- Craft beautiful UI using built-in layouts that comprise a header, body, and accept and decline functionalities in the footer, with various customizable positioning options.
Text Input Layout
The Xamarin.Forms Text Input Layout or label entry is a container control that allows you to add a floating label, a password toggle icon to show or hide passwords, leading and trailing icons, and assistive labels such as error messages.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Text Input Layout?
- Provides a modern look to your entry control with floating labels in iOS, Android, UWP, and WPF.
- Show or hide passwords interactively. Never allow users to be stuck with an incorrect password.
- Display more information elegantly with icons, help text, and hint or error messages in a compact space.
The Xamarin.Forms Autocomplete control is highly optimized to quickly load and populate suggestions from a large volume of data depending on the users’ input characters.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Autocomplete?
- On-demand loading allows efficient data utilization. No need to pre-populate a huge number of items.
- The high-performance search engine can load and search through 100,000 items in less than a second.
- Customizable typo-toleration functionality, similar to Google Search.
The Xamarin ComboBox control is a text-box component that allows users to type a value or choose an option from a list of predefined options.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin ComboBox?
- Enables quick selection of items by typing them.
- Displays a required icon in a drop-down button.
- Allows adding an item dynamically by providing an interface in the footer view.
Xamarin.Forms CheckBox is a selection control that allows users to select one or more options from a list of predefined choices.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin CheckBox?
- A single check box can provide checked, unchecked, indeterminate, and disabled states.
- Quick selection with subitems can be provided by maintaining parent-child check box relationships.
- Appearance customization allows you to apply your own style.
The Xamarin.Forms Radio Button control is a selection control that allows users to select one option from a list of predefined choices.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Radio Button?
- Easily group radio buttons.
- Prevent toggling with a disable option.
- Apply your own styles with appearance customization.
The Xamarin.Forms DataForm is a data-oriented control that is used to display and edit the properties of any data object using a wide range of built-in editors for different data types.
Why should you choose Syncfusion Xamarin DataForm?
- Various built-in and custom editors efficiently display and edit the properties of any object based on its data type.
- Data validation is made easy with different validation modes and data annotation support.
- Supports designing the UI as required. Linear and grid layouts, different label positions, and grouping are also supported.
Xamarin.Forms Masked Entry is a customization entry control that lets you restrict input to certain types of characters, text, and numbers using mask characters or regex.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Masked Entry?
- Validation indicators are shown for incorrect inputs.
- Flexibility to control variable lengths of masked data input.
- Control adapts to the culture set on the device.
The Xamarin.Forms Numeric Entry control is an extension of the entry control that restricts input to only numeric values. It also provides support for culture-based formatting.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Numeric Entry?
- Built-in percentage-value computation makes percentage calculation easy.
- Adapts to the device culture based on region.
- Custom string format shows units or a timeline.
Xamarin.Forms NumericUpDown is an editor control that allows users to increase or decrease a numeric value using increment and decrement buttons. This control also allows selecting a numeric value within a certain range.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin NumericUpDown?
- Range validation restricts the input value within a limited range.
- Customize the spin buttons adapt the control to your app design.
- Built-in features such as auto-reverse values, cultures, and string formats are provided.
The Xamarin.Forms Picker is an item selector control that can be opened as a dialog.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Picker?
- The only component that automatically generates its columns based on data source structure.
- Supports intuitive interfaces like multicolumn to allow cascading selection.
- Can be customized as a time picker, date picker, language picker, country picker, color picker, etc.
Xamarin.Forms Date Picker is a fully customizable component that provides a simple, attractive UI that lends your application a smooth, touch-friendly experience when selecting a date.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Date Picker?
- Displays different date formats.
- Supports customizing header text, column header text, and background color.
- Supports minimum and maximum date restrictions.
Xamarin.Forms Time Picker is a fully customizable component that gives your application a smooth, touch-friendly experience when selecting a time.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Time Picker?
- Displays different time formats.
- Supports customizing the header text, column header text, and background color.
- Supports standalone and dialog modes.
The Xamarin.Forms Range Slider is a control that allows users to select a range of values within specified minimum and maximum limits.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Range Slider?
- Use the control as a vertical or horizontal slider.
- A single value or a range can be selected by providing a single thumb or two thumbs, respectively.
- Customizable ticks, thumbs, and tracking easily adapt the control to your app’s design.
The Xamarin.Forms Rating control is similar to the Android RatingBar control that allows users to select a rating value from a group of visual symbols like stars or emojis.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Rating control?
- Allow users to rate with full, half, or exact precision.
- Use a read-only rating view to show an overall rating.
- Build a reaction or mood interface similar to those in social networking apps such as Facebook.
Rich Text Editor
The Xamarin Rich Text Editor provides a simple yet powerful editor interface to compose richly formatted text with all the common formatting options like bold and italics.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Rich Text Editor?
- Provides a seamless editing experience with rich formatting options.
- Can be integrated into chat messengers, email composers, and blog editors with ease.
- Offers highly intuitive user interfaces.
The Xamarin Segmented control provides a linear segment made up of multiple segments wherein each segment functions as a button.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Segmented control?
- Scrollable items can be used to accommodate more items in less space.
- Can be customized to provide a modern look and supports additional indeterminate states.
- Elegant display modes such as image, text, and both offer rich customization options.
The Xamarin.Forms Signature Pad is used to capture and save a signature in a Xamarin.Forms application.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Signature Pad?
- The minimum and maximum widths of a stroke can be customized.
- The stroke color can be customized.
- Supports ImageSource format.
Xamarin.Forms Button is a custom button control. It has several built-in features such as UI customization, icons, predefined styles, toggle states, corner edge radii, and customizable visual state appearances using the visual state manager.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Button?
- Customize a button as an outline, flat, circle, or icon button.
- Handle visual states such as pressed, normal, checked, and unchecked.
- Can be used as a toggle button.
Xamarin Chips is a feature-rich control that presents information in an interactive and customizable layout.
Why should you choose Syncfusion Xamarin Chips?
- Arrange complex data in a compact way with user-preferred layouts.
- Customize chip appearances with various options.
- Use as input, action, choice, or filter chips.
The Xamarin.Forms Switch allows you to turn an item on and off, and provides an optional indeterminate state.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Switch?
- A visual state manager powers the control.
- Includes built-in visual types such as Material, Cupertino, and Fluent.
- Supports vertical orientation.
The Xamarin.Forms Navigation Drawer control is an interactive panel that emerges from the edge of the window to present content.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Navigation Drawer?
- Primary and secondary drawers provide two different menus at the same time.
- A sidebar can be added to any layout and placed on any side of the screen.
- Seamless navigation is provided with built-in animations like push, reveal, and slide.
The Xamarin.Forms Radial Menu control displays a hierarchy of menu items in a circular layout.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Xamarin Radial Menu?
- Accommodates more menu items when working with space constraints.
- Avoids icon glitches by using font icons.
- Use as a floating menu to avoid obscuring the content behind it.
The Xamarin.Forms Rotator control is a UI that provides an interactive way to rotate images and navigate through a collection of views.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Xamarin Rotator?
- Thumbnail display mode helps users preview all items.
- Provides simple swipe navigation in both vertical and horizontal directions.
- Allows looping for a continuous slideshow.
The Xamarin.Forms Tabbed View is a simple and intuitive interface for tab navigation in mobile applications, where users can explore and switch between different tabs.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Tabbed View?
- The only component that provides support for nested tabs with different header placements.
- Custom tab headers can display a badge with additional information related to the content.
- Enable or disable swipe actions for better navigation.
The Xamarin.Forms TreeView control is a hierarchical list view representing hierarchical data in a tree-like structure with expand and collapse node options.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s TreeView?
- Easily display hierarchical data like organizational structures and nested relationships in an application.
- Customize the appearance of tree nodes, expanders, and selections. Includes essential features like selection modes and template selectors for each node.
- Ability to design a hierarchical navigation UI using unbound mode.
The Xamarin.Forms Chat control, also known as a conversational UI, provides a modern, conversational chatbot experience.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Chat control?
- Provides a modern conversational UI to facilitate conversations between two or more users.
- Compatible with popular bot frameworks.
- Supports various message types such as image, card, calendar, hyperlink, calendar, and so on.
- Includes out-of-the-box features such as suggestions, a media attachment button, a time break mode, load more, and typing indicators.
The Xamarin.Forms Kanban Board is a visual system that provides an efficient interface to track and visualize different stages in a task or workflow.
Why should you choose the Syncfusion Kanban Board?
- Provides an efficient way to visualize different stages of a workflow by organizing the work into columns.
- Ability to control the work in progress limit and status transitions.
- Offers a wide range of customizations like template support for cards and headers, built-in error bars, and card drag and drop.
The Xamarin.Forms Badge View is a notification control that is used to notify users of new or unread messages, notifications, or the status of something.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Badge View?
- Easily customizable notification badge that provides widely used badge types, standard colors, and predefined symbols.
- Easy integration with other controls such as ListView and Tabbed View.
The Xamarin.Forms Busy Indicator control (or activity indicator) lets users know when their application is busy.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Busy Indicator?
- 17 built-in animations to easily match your design.
- Ability to show busy indicators with custom messages.
- Easily adjust the animation speed.
The Xamarin.Forms ProgressBar is a control that indicates the progress of a task with a customizable visual.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s ProgressBar?
- Choose either linear or circular progress bars.
- Show secondary progress, like YouTube buffering.
- Provides indeterminate state options to show progress interruptions.
The Xamarin.Forms StepProgressBar is a control that indicates the progress of a multiple-step (multiple-state) process, such as new user registration or package delivery status tracking.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s StepProgressBar?
- Supports horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Completely customizable appearance.
Pull to Refresh
The Xamarin.Forms Pull to Refresh control is a panel that can be pulled to refresh data in an application.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Pull to Refresh?
- Load complex and custom layouts such as ListView, DataGrid, and more in the pulling pane.
- Choose from built-in transition modes and customize the appearance of the progress indicator for a better user experience.
The Xamarin.Forms Avatar View control provides a graphical representation of the user image view that can be customized by adding an image, background color, icon, text, etc.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Avatar View?
- Supports an avatar group view.
- Provides built-in visual styles in different sizes with shapes such as circle and square.
- Supports a gradient background.
The Xamarin.Forms Effects View is a container control that provides modern effects like ripples, plus support for selection, scaling, and rotation.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Effects View?
- Provides a ripple animation for any view.
- Ability to add scale-down, scale-up, and rotation effects.
- Use selection effects with built-in support for notifications during selection state changes.
The Xamarin.Forms Shimmer control can be used to improve the responsiveness of an application by showing a modern shimmer effect when data is being loaded in the background.
Why should you choose Syncfusion’s Effects View?
- Provides a modern data-loading indication.
- Provides built-in shimmer types and custom view support.
- Customize wave color, width, direction, and speed.
Thanks for reading! There are numerous other aspects to our components that will excite you and prove that they are the best, so please explore all of our Xamarin components. If you have any feedback, please let us know in the comments below. You can also contact us through our support forums, Direct-Trac, or feedback portal. We are always happy to assist you!
If you liked this blog post, we think you’ll also like the following:
- Crafting Beautiful Apps with Xamarin.Forms and Syncfusion with James Montemagno [Webinar Video]
- 10 Reasons to Choose Syncfusion Xamarin Suite Over Others [Blog]
- Combining UI Elements with the Xamarin Chat Control to Create a Conversational UI with Microsoft MVP Codrina Merigo [Blog]
- Here Are the World’s First and Only UI Controls for Xamarin.Forms WPF [Blog]
- 5 Different Ways to Visualize A Color Picker Control in Xamarin.Forms [Blog]
- Xamarin.Forms Succinctly [Ebook]