As you know, Syncfusion rolled out its first three sets of .NET MAUI controls in the most recent Essential Studio releases. With the same spirit, we are happy to deliver our fourth set of .NET MAUI controls and cool features in the Essential Studio 2022 Volume 2 release. We’ll take a look at them in this blog.
Introducing the fourth set of .NET MAUI controls
In the 2022 Volume 2 release, we introduce the following .NET MAUI controls in preview mode:
- Avatar View
- Busy Indicator
- Signature Pad
.NET MAUI DataGrid
The new .NET MAUI DataGrid control can display and manipulate data in a tabular view. It was built from the ground up to achieve the best possible performance, even when loading a huge volume of data.
- Data binding: Bind different types of data sources, including data tables.
- Column types: Show different data types in different types of columns. The following column types are supported: numeric, text, date, checkbox, image, and template. The template column is used to load any kind of control in a column.
- Sorting: Interactively sort one or more columns.
- Filtering: Programmatically filter data based on the criteria.
- Column sizing: Set the width of columns with various sizing options. Columns can also be sized based on their content.
- Auto-row height: Set the height for rows based on the content of their cells.
- Selection: Select one or more rows. Keyboard navigation is supported for Windows and Mac Catalyst platforms.
- Styling: Customize the appearance of cells and headers. Conditional styling is also supported.
.NET MAUI Maps
The .NET MAUI Maps control is a powerful data visualization component that displays the statistical information of a geographical area. It has highly interactive and customizable features such as selection, tooltip, legends, markers, bubbles, and color mapping. You can generate maps to show population density, sales, political boundaries, weather, elections, and route data.
- Shape layers: Visualize the map area from GeoJSON or shapefile input data.
- Data labels: Identify shapes by displaying their names. If the labels exceed the shape bounds, they are trimmed or hidden.
- Markers: Denote a location with built-in symbols or display custom content at a specific latitude and longitude on a map.
- Bubbles: Add information to shapes such as population density or number of users. Bubbles can be rendered in different colors and sizes based on the data values of their assigned shapes.
- Shape selection: Select a shape to highlight a region on a map. You can use the callback for performing actions while selecting the shapes.
- Legends: Use legends to show clear information about the data plotted on a map.
- Colors: Categorize the shapes on a map by assigning their colors based on their underlying values. Also, it is possible to set a shape color for a specific value or for a range of values.
- Tooltip: Display additional information about shapes, markers, and bubbles using a customizable tooltip.
.NET MAUI Avatar View
The .NET MAUI Avatar View control provides a graphical representation of a user’s image. You can customize the view by adding an image, gradient background, group view, and more.
- Display initials, images, and font icons.
- Customize the border color, background color, and corner radius in the view.
- Add up to three images or initials in a single view.
- Use different types of visual styles.
- Add gradient backgrounds.
.NET MAUI Busy Indicator
The .NET MAUI Busy Indicator control provides a visual representation of an app loading, data processing, etc. We can customize it in terms of size, color, speed, and more.
- Choose from three animation types: Circular Material, Linear Material, and Cupertino.
- Customize the indicator color and overlay background.
- Customize the animation duration.
- Customize the size of the indicator.
- Display a title with font customization.
.NET MAUI Signature Pad
The .NET MAUI Signature Pad is a highly interactive UI control that allows you to capture smooth and realistic signatures through drawing. You can also save the signature as an image and synchronize it with your devices and documents that need your signature.
- Stroke color: Customize the stroke color of the signature.
- Stroke thickness: Set the minimum and maximum stroke thickness for the signature.
- Save as image: Save the drawn signature as an image. It can then be used in any of the devices or documents that require one.
- Realistic, handwritten look and feel: The unique stroke-rendering algorithm draws the signature based on the speed of the drawn gestures along with minimum and maximum stroke thicknesses. This gives a realistic, handwritten look and feel to the signature.
What’s new in our existing .NET MAUI controls?
Navigate through the items of the .NET MAUI ListView control using an external keyboard attached to the Android device.
The .NET MAUI Scheduler control was updated with the following new features.
Resources in timeline view
This feature vertically groups the Scheduler resources and their appointments in timeline day, week, workweek, and month views.
This feature allows users to use different types of calendars, such as Gregorian, Arabic, and Hebrew.
Number of days visible
Customize the number of days visible in the day and timeline views.
Number of weeks visible in month view
Customize the number of weeks displayed in the month view.
Slider, Range Slider, and Range Selector
The .NET MAUI Slider, Range Slider, and Range Selector controls have the following new features in common.
This feature provides an option to extend the track edges based on the given pixel value.
Edge label placement
You can place the edge labels inside the track bounds or based on the interval.
Commands can be added for drag start and end events.
Syncfusion converters for .NET MAUI
Syncfusion provides 24 built-in converters that can be used in your .NET MAUI applications.
|Brush to Color Converter||Color to Brush Converter||Color to Color for Text Converter|
|Color to Gray Scale Color Converter||Color to Inverse Color Converter||Compare Converter|
|Index to Array Item Converter||Is List Not Null or Empty Converter||Is String Not Null or Empty Converter|
|Is String Not Null or White Space Converter||Bool to Object Converter||Inverted Bool Converter|
|Decimal Value Converter||Format String Converter||Text Case Converter|
|Bool to Opacity Converter||Double to Int Converter||Multi Converter|
|Numeric to Bool Converter||Enum to Int Converter||Equal Converter|
|Inverse Opacity Converter||List to String Converter||String to List Converter|
Thanks for reading! We are also happy to announce that our .NET MAUI Radial Gauge, Linear Gauge, and Barcode controls are now production-ready.
Syncfusion’s support for .NET MAUI is still a work in progress. This is the fourth set of controls rolled out. Details on these controls and the Essential Studio 2022 Volume 2 release are available on our Release Notes and What’s New pages. Try out these new updates and leave your feedback in the comments section below!
For questions, you can contact us through our support forum, support portal, or feedback portal. We are always happy to assist you!