Let’s take a look at them!
New .NET MAUI controls
In the 2023 Volume 2 release, we introduced the following new .NET MAUI controls in preview mode:
.NET MAUI Accordion
The new .NET MAUI Accordion control offers a vertically collapsible panel with stacked headers, allowing the simultaneous expansion or collapse of one or multiple items.
- Data binding: Utilizes the BindableLayout property to bind data collections and populate the Accordion.
- Expand mode: Supports various expansion modes and allows the expansion of single or multiple items.
- Animation: Animate the expansion and collapse of accordion items. You can customize the duration and style of the animations.
.NET MAUI Chips with chip group
The new .NET MAUI Chips control is used to present information in an interactive and customizable layout. It arranges multiple chips in a user-preferred layout and groups them so end users can make selections.
- Multiple layouts: Use stack, flex, grid, absolute, and relative layouts to add and arrange chips.
- Chip types: Supports four different chip types: input, choice, filter, and action.
- Selection: You can perform single and multiple selections in the choice and filter chips, respectively.
- Add custom view: Add a custom view like a combo box to input values using the input type chips.
- Perform action: Perform any action in the chip group or individual chip using the action chip type.
- Customization: You can easily customize the corner radius, border color, border thickness, text color, background color, close button color, selection indicator color, and more.
.NET MAUI Expander
The new .NET MAUI Expander is a layout control capable of loading any UI view in the header and content sections. Users can effortlessly expand or collapse the control by simply tapping the header.
- Expand and collapse options: Easily expand the content to reveal more information or collapse it to conserve space in the user interface.
- Header and content customization: Customize the header and content views by adding icons, images, or any other UI element to provide a rich and dynamic user experience.
- Animation: Use animation and effects to enhance the visual appeal and interactivity of the expand and collapse functionality.
.NET MAUI Image Editor
The new .NET MAUI Image Editor is used to crop, flip, rotate, and annotate images with freehand drawing and built-in shapes.
- Image cropping: Crop the desired portion of images.
- Effects: This feature applies various visual effects to an image, such as adjusting the brightness, blur, contrast, exposure, saturation, sharpening, hue, and opacity values.
- Zooming: Zoom and pan over an image.
- Transformation: Performs image transformation actions such as rotation and flip.
- Annotation: Add text, built-in shapes, and freehand drawing over images.
- Toolbar: Edit an image with the built-in toolbar.
- Undo and redo: Undo or redo the changes made in the image.
- Save: Save the edited image in the desired location.
.NET MAUI Numeric Entry (NumericUpDown)
The new .NET MAUI Numeric Entry is an advanced version of the Entry control that restricts input to numeric values. It also provides a gesture-friendly UI and can be configured to display different formats like currency and scientific symbols.
- FormatString: Input string can be formatted by using the format strings.
- Localization: The number format can be localized to any supported culture.
- AllowNull: Set a null value.
- UpDown buttons: Value gets parsed based on the parser mode. It provides up-and-down repeat buttons to increase and decrease the values.
What’s new in our existing .NET MAUI controls?
We have seen the new controls introduced in our Syncfusion .NET MAUI suite by the 2023 Volume 2 release. Let us look at the exciting new features added to our existing controls.
.NET MAUI ListView
In .NET MAUI ListView, you can reorder items by dragging them with a long press or from the drag indicator view and then dropping them at the desired position.
.NET MAUI Cartesian Charts
The following new chart types have been added to the .NET MAUI Cartesian Charts control.
Step line chart
Step line charts are commonly used to visualize data that changes over time. They represent a set of points connected by horizontal and vertical lines. These charts commonly showcase time-series data, where data points are recorded regularly.
Step area chart
In the step area chart, the data points are connected by horizontal and vertical line segments resembling a staircase. The area between the line segments and the x-axis line is filled with a color or a pattern. Step area charts are commonly used to showcase data that has a cumulative value.
100% stacked column
A 100% stacked column chart is used to display multiple categories or groups of data as vertical columns stacked on top of each other. It shows the relative percentage of multiple data series in stacked columns, while the cumulative percentage of the stacked columns always equals 100%.
Range area chart
Each data point in the range area chart represents a range from a minimum to a maximum value. These charts are commonly used to analyze stock market data over a specific period of time.
The candle chart is a financial chart used to depict the price movements of currency, securities, and derivatives. It resembles a candlestick, featuring a vertical rectangle with wicks at both ends. The upper and lower sections of the candlestick represent the open and closed prices.
An OHLC chart is similar to a candle chart used in technical analysis to display the price movement of stocks over a specific period. It provides information about an asset’s opening, highest, lowest, and closing prices for each time interval.
.NET MAUI Circular Charts
From the 2023 Volume 2 onward, you can enjoy the following new features in the .NET MAUI Circular Charts control.
Explode all support
The segments in the pie and doughnut charts can be grouped into the Others category using the GroupTo and GroupMode properties. The GroupMode property is used to specify the grouping type based on the slice angle, actual data point value, or percentage value. The GroupTo property is used to set the limit to group data points into a single slice. The grouped segment is labeled as Others in the chart legend.
.NET MAUI DataGrid
This feature enables users to group rows of data based on the values in one or more columns in the .NET MAUI DataGrid.
Caption and group summaries
The caption summary feature allows users to display a row at the top of the group that contains summary data for the columns. The group summary feature enables users to display a row at the bottom of the group to contain this summary data.
Export to Excel or PDF format
This feature enables users to export the grid data to an Excel or PDF file.
.NET MAUI DataForm
DataForm numeric editor
The .NET MAUI DataForm control now supports a built-in numeric editor to enter and edit numeric values.
DataForm masked text editor
The DataForm control also supports a built-in masked text editor to enforce specific input patterns and formats for text values.
.NET MAUI Calendar
The .NET MAUI Calendar control now supports calendar identifiers to display different calendars based on various cultures and regions. The supported identities are Gregorian, Hijri, Korean, Persian, Taiwanese, Thai Buddhist, and UmAlQura.
.NET MAUI Scheduler
Appointment drag-and-drop feature
In .NET MAUI Scheduler, users can easily drag and drop appointments to change their date, time, or duration in all Scheduler views. This functionality provides a seamless and intuitive way to reschedule appointments.
.NET MAUI ComboBox
Use the custom filtering option in the ComboBox control to apply your filter logic and have items suggested based on it. This functionality can be achieved by utilizing the FilterBehavior property.
.NET MAUI PDF Viewer
Select and copy the text
The .NET MAUI PDF Viewer now allows users to select and copy text from PDF files to the clipboard. When you need text from a PDF file to reuse in another document, you can select and copy the required text and paste it into your document.
.NET MAUI Text Input Layout
Picker, TimePicker, and DatePicker support
The .NET MAUI Text Input Layout control now includes support for the Picker, TimePicker, and DatePicker controls. You can leverage the capabilities of floating labels, icons, and assistive labels with these input controls. They provide a cohesive and visually appealing user experience for selecting values or dates within your application.
All Syncfusion .NET MAUI controls come with Toolbox support for Visual Studio 2022. You drag and drop controls from the Toolbox directly into your XAML files. Thus, the process of adding and configuring controls in your MAUI apps is simplified.
The following .NET MAUI controls have been developed to meet industry standards and are now marked as production-ready in this 2023 Volume 2 release:
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed exploring Syncfusion’s new .NET MAUI controls and features introduced in the Essential Studio 2023 Volume 2 release. If you want to learn about the other updates in this release, please visit our Release Notes and What’s New pages.
If you are not a Syncfusion customer, we invite you to try our 30-day free trial to experience these latest features. Feel free to share any feedback or questions in the comments section below.