Syncfusion is happy to announce the availability of Essential Studio 2020 Volume 2 for the public. We have introduced new components and enhanced various other components in different platforms. We’ve also fixed several bugs in this release.
Let’s take a brief look at the changes we made in the individual platforms.
All our .NET components and libraries are now compatible with the latest .NET 5 Preview.
- Signature Pad is a new control available to capture, save, and export handwritten signatures in a Xamarin.Forms application.
- The Xamarin.Forms WPF support is extended to Avatar View and Badge View controls.
- The following advanced chart types are available for our Charts control:
- Error bar series
- Box and whisker series
- The cell selection feature in the DataGrid control will allow you to select either a single cell or multiple cells. It also allows you to select a grid column by tapping on the column header.
- The Chat control’s new features will let you:
- Display images, both sent and received images.
- Load messages on demand by tapping on the interactive UI.
- Display a message card with an image and one or more buttons.
- The virtualized marker support in Maps greatly improves performance when zooming and panning.
- The following are the new widgets that are available with this release:
- The new DataGrid widget allows you to display and manipulate large amounts of data in a tabular view.
- The new Maps widget allows you to visualize GeoJSON data easily.
- The Slider widget supports:
- Selecting date and numeric values.
- Customizing a thumb with an icon or text.
- Customizing active or inactive tracks, ticks, and dividers.
- Displaying labels.
- The Charts widget has the following features:
- Support for new histogram and spline range area chart types.
- Animation for dynamic changes in axis labels, ticks, and gridlines.
- The new features for the Calendar widget are:
- A schedule view to view all the appointments easily.
- Special time regions.
- The Date Range Picker provides:
- An option to enable view-switching among month, year, decade, and century views.
- Support to view multiple date pickers for easy range selection.
- A Mac installer for Syncfusion Blazor is now available.
- The following components were developed to meet industrial standards and are marked as production-ready:
- The performance of the Grid components has been greatly improved, some of the features in which you can see this improvements are:
- Initial loading
- Applying filter
- Clearing filter
- The Charts component comes with smart labels for pie and doughnut variants.
- The Scheduler component has been enhanced with virtual scrolling and year view features.
- The Pivot Table now supports CSV data sources.
- The Word Processor now allows you to design forms using legacy form fields in a Word document and fill the form, as well.
- The PDF Viewer allows freehand drawing to be saved in PDF files in the form of ink annotations.
Essential JS 2
- The DataGrid control has the following features:
- A filter operator selector to filter the data.
- Frozen rows and columns with infinite scrolling.
- Autofill with frozen rows and columns.
- The Scheduler control has the following features:
- Inline editing to edit the title and create a new appointment.
- Year view to help users navigate between years and months.
- The Spreadsheet control has the following features:
- Conditional formatting to format the cells based on conditions.
- Ability to clear the content, formatting, and hyperlinks applied to a cell or range of cells.
- Aggregate view to quickly check the sum, average, and count for selected cells.
- The Word Processor has new features allowing you to:
- Design forms with form fields.
- Update a cross-reference field that links to a bookmark in the Word document.
- Track changes to view the changes made in a word document.
- All Syncfusion WPF controls have support for themes inspired by Office 2019 themes.
- The following are the new controls that are available with this release:
- The TreeView is a data-oriented control for displaying data with provisions to expand and collapse.
- The Scheduler control offers five view modes for scheduling, managing, and representing appointments.
- The Ribbon control will have the following features:
- A simplified mode to fit frequently used commands into less space.
- A button icon template to customize the icons of ribbon buttons.
- The swim lane support in Diagram will reveal who does what and when.
- The DataGrid control has a line indicator to show the location where the rows will be placed during drag and drop.
- The Spell Checker control has the following enhancements:
- Use standard dictionary file formats such as HunSpell, Ispell, and OpenOffice.
- Load dictionaries based on culture.
- Use both custom and standard dictionaries at the same time.
- Share the same dictionary file across multiple spelling-check instances.
- The Property Grid control has the following enhancements:
- Enable or disable nested properties of selected objects using events and attributes.
- Add new attributes to the masked editor to edit emails, phone numbers, zip codes, currency, and so on.
- View, edit, add, and remove items in a collection.
The following are the enhancements available in PDF Library:
- Support to compress PDF documents in .NET Core.
- Previews of the content to be redacted using the redaction annotation.
- Cloud-style annotations to create square, circle, rectangle, and polygon-shaped annotations.
The following are the enhancements available in Excel Library:
- Support to import HTML tables into Excel worksheets.
- Support to convert Excel data into JSON.
- Support to preserve comments in the Excel file during Excel-to-PDF conversion.
The following are the features available in Word Library:
- The following enhancements have been made in the track changes feature:
- Preserve move-to and move-from revisions
- Accept or reject move-to and move-from revisions.
- Preserve style and section property changes.
- Create a table of contents in .NET Core.
- Encrypt and decrypt Word documents in .NET Core.
- Update SEQ fields in Word documents.
- Preserve MathML while converting Word documents to PDF.
The PowerPoint Library now allows you to extract embedded OLE (object linking and embedding) objects from a PowerPoint presentation.