Syncfusion is happy to announce that Essential Studio 2019 Volume 3 is available for download. There are major improvements to various components in all platforms and we have also introduced some new and essential components with this release.
Let’s take a look at these briefly in this article.
- To make mobile app development easy, we have introduced the following new components:
- Support for 11 controls in Xamarin.Forms WPF:
- The Switch control moved from preview state to final state, with support added for:
- Pan gestures
- Ripple effects
- Dark theme
- In Image Editor, support was added to control hue, saturation, brightness, and the contrast of images.
- In PDF Viewer, single-page-view support, along with support to open password-protected PDF documents has been added.
- New Radial Gauge widget, with support for axis, pointers, ranges, annotations, and animation.
- An additional seven chart types for the Charts widget:
- Stacked chart
- Stacked line
- Stacked area
- Stacked column
- Stacked bar
- Range-column chart
- Pyramid chart
- Stacked chart
- New features supported by the Charts widget:
- Logarithmic axis
- Axis crossing
- Plot band
- Recursive plot band
- Dynamic update animation
Essential JS 2 web
- A new Spreadsheet control with support for:
- Data binding
- Number formatting
- The File Manager was enhanced to support the Amazon S3 cloud storage service provider.
- The Charts component has enhanced selection options, supporting lasso and multiple-region selection
- You can fill PDF forms interactively with the PDF Viewer
- You can paste content with images from MS Word and Outlook into the Rich Text Editor.
- In Pivot Table, you can connect and visualize SSAS OLAP cube and its elements, like dimensions, hierarchies, measures, and named sets.
- Tree Grid supports row drag and drop and freezing rows and columns.
File-format libraries (PDF, Excel, Word)
- As per PDF specification 2.0, Syncfusion PDF Library now supports digital signatures based on CAdES (CMS Advanced Electronics Signature).
- Now, you can validate digital signatures in an existing PDF document.
- Encrypt PDF documents with following options in the PDF Library:
- Encrypt all contents in the PDF document.
- Encrypt all document contents except metadata.
- Encrypt only file attachments.
- Support to find corrupted PDF documents.
- In .NET Core, you can now:
- Convert XPS to PDF.
- Create a PDF table with DataTable (ADO.NET) for PdfGrid and PdfLightTable
- Using Syncfusion Excel Library, you can now import data from nested collections to Excel worksheets with the following layout options:
- You can skip a property while importing data from a collection to Excel.
- Excel Library allows you to export worksheet data to nested class objects.
- You can convert Excel documents with missing fonts in the machine by substituting fonts as streams from an embedded resource.
- In Word Library, you can create and apply custom table styles in Word documents (DOCX and WordML), and preserve them in DOCX-to-PDF, Word-to-image, and Word-to-HTML conversions.
- You can rotate shapes, text boxes, images, and group shapes in Word documents and preserve them in DOCX-to-PDF and Word-to-image conversions.
- New linear and circular progress bar controls to track the progress of a task.
- New Image Editor control with the following functionalities:
- Annotate with text
- Annotate with image
- Crop image
- Rotate image
- Flip image
- Use built-in toolbar
- The DataGrid control has a checkbox selector column to select multiple rows.
- The Ribbon control is more responsive and has MDI and TDI support to merge and combine items in two different Ribbon controls.
- PDF Viewer has sticky notes, along with support for the following shape annotations:
- The AutoComplete control adds support to highlight searched characters in the suggestion list, and support to control diacritic sensitivity and insensitivity when searching.
- The performance of the ComboBox has been increased by approximately 20 times when opening and scrolling through items.
- The Diagram control supports listing various printers installed to the machine.
- You can now configure images with different DPI to your application. This automatically upgrades and downgrades the images as needed when running on different machines with different DPI scaling.
- The ComboBox adds token support, which provides a clear separation between items and also makes it easy to clear the selection of an item by clicking its close button.
- Using our Spreadsheet control, you can now sort data in ascending order or descending order and automatically filter the specified data.