We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Memory leak of SfTabView control

Hi all.

I discovered a memory leak of SfTabView control. I used a simple test app with two pages. The second page contains only tabview with 2 empty tabs. I wrote a loop for navigation from first page to second one and back about 30 times.

The memory consumption increases with every next navigation forth and back, starting from a couple megabytes up to tens megabytes.

Then I deleted SfTabView control from the second page to make it absolutely clean, and repeated the test. In this case there’s no memory leak.

More over, If tabs of tabview contain inner content, the memory leak increases in geometrical progression. Although test with that content w/o tabview control doesn’t cause the memory leak.

In my real app I have a tabview with 4 tabs. Each tab contains a listview with hundreds of items (labels and images). After a series of navigation to and from, memory consumption increases up to several hundreds of megabytes. The app becomes unresponsive and finally crashes.

Tested on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Android 10.

Xamarin Forms version 4.4.0.991537

Syncfusion version 17.4.0.44

8 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team January 31, 2020 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have analyzed your query and we could able to reproduce the reported issue of “Memory leak in Tab View”. We have logged a defect report regarding on this and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below.

Feedback portal: 

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11701/memory-leak-in-sftabview

This fix will be included in our upcoming weekly Nuget release which is expected to be rolled out on 11th February 2020.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

TC Tamas Cons replied to Hemalatha Marikumar February 17, 2020 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have analyzed your query and we could able to reproduce the reported issue of “Memory leak in Tab View”. We have logged a defect report regarding on this and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below.

Feedback portal: 

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11701/memory-leak-in-sftabview

This fix will be included in our upcoming weekly Nuget release which is expected to be rolled out on 11th February 2020.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Hello,was this fix released? I am testing with version 17.4.0.49 and I can still reproduce this problem.

Thanks,Norbert

SP Sakthivel Palaniyappan Syncfusion Team February 18, 2020 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Norbert,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Due to some technical complexity, we could not include the fix for this issue in last weekly nuget release. We will include the fix for this issue in our  Vol 1 2020 main release. Which is expected to be in end of March 2020. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Sakthivel P. 

VC Viseo Consulting SL February 20, 2020 04:27 PM UTC

Hello,

Would be possible to have the solution for this issue "Memory leak in Tab View”. sooner than the end of March?

We have an application in production which is affected by this issue, which is leading the application to many crashes.

Even a workaround would be appreciate.

Thanks and reagrds

Viseo

KO Konstantin February 20, 2020 04:37 PM UTC

I think it's no workaround here. More over, I have checked some XF's out-of-the-box controls, and some of them also have memory leaks. It's just a total failure...
Recently I found an interesting discussion with XF team about memory leaks. It seems the problem is unresolvable at all.

At the moment I'm in doubt to use the XF in production.

SP Sakthivel Palaniyappan Syncfusion Team February 21, 2020 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Viseo, Konstantin,

Thanks for your update.

Since the issue are having also in Xamarin forms custom controls, we will analyze more and fix this issue. We will fix and provide patch for this on March 10th, 2020.

Regards,
Sakthivel P.

TC Tamas Cons replied to Sakthivel Palaniyappan March 11, 2020 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Viseo, Konstantin,

Thanks for your update.

Since the issue are having also in Xamarin forms custom controls, we will analyze more and fix this issue. We will fix and provide patch for this on March 10th, 2020.

Regards,
Sakthivel P.

Hello,

was this fix released as promised yesterday?

SP Sakthivel Palaniyappan Syncfusion Team March 11, 2020 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Tamas,

Sorry for the delay.

We have fixed the reported issue of “TabView memory leak”, Please find the patch from below location.

Assemblies.
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/SfTabView726146198.zip

Assembly version : 17.4.0.46

Disclaimer:
Please note that we have created this patch for the version 17.4.0.46 specifically to resolve the issue reported in this.

This fix will be included in our
Vol 1 2020 main release. Which is expected to be in end of March 2020.

Regards,
Sakthivel P.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon