We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Are there any plans for a range function in JavaScript?

Hello everyone,

I've used some tricks to do it up until now, but I would love a range function that lets you define a number range and then iterate that many times. This would basically be a functional style of the imperative for-index loop. It would be a great addition to the language.

3 Replies

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 17, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Sheldon, 

Thanks for your update. 

We could not able to understand your requirement clearly in last post update. Kindly let us know more details about your use case scenario to serve you better.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

ST Sheldon Trever replied to Sheldon Trever October 18, 2019 12:01 PM UTC

Hello everyone,

I've used some tricks to do it up until now, but I would love a range function that lets you define a number range and then iterate that many times. This would basically be a functional style of the imperative for-index loop. It would be a great addition to the language.

Hello everyone, dkt nsw

RR Rajendran R Syncfusion Team October 21, 2019 06:16 AM UTC

HI Sheldon,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We checked your query already, but we could not find any of our Syncfusion components in your requirement. So, kindly confirm whether you are using any Syncfusion components in your application.  

We would appreciate if you provide more details like screenshot / video / error reproducing sample that will be helpful for us to proceed further. At present, we couldn't proceed with insufficient data about your requirement.

Regards,
Rajendran R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon