We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Looking for a tutorial on creating a web API that is connected to a DB.

I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to create a web API (with C#) that is connected to a database. It doesn't matter to me what kind of SQL the tutorial is using, but I want to create the API with C#. It would be nice if the tutorial would also teach me on how to authenticate a user through the API.

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where exactly I should start learning what I want. Perhaps a link to one or multiple tutorials would be nice.

21 Replies

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team September 23, 2019 12:08 PM UTC

Hi VoltarMendoza, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion.  

We have found some useful blogs which help to work on your requirement. 

https://dotnettutorials.net/lesson/web-api-with-sql-server/  - this is very simple and easy to connect  
https://www.codingame.com/playgrounds/35462/creating-web-api-in-asp-net-core-2-0/part-1---web-api this is having brief details about WEB API connection with data base and data retrieving.  

Please let us know if any concerns.  

Regards, 
Gurunathan  

VO VoltarMendoza replied to VoltarMendoza September 24, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to create a web API (with C#) that is connected to a database. It doesn't matter to me what kind of SQL the tutorial is using, but I want to create the API with C#. It would be nice if the tutorial would also teach me on how to authenticate a user through the API.

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where exactly I should start learning what I want. Perhaps a link to one or multiple tutorials would be nice.

I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to create a web API (with C#) that is connected to a database. It doesn't matter to me what kind of SQL the tutorial is using, but I want to create the API with C#. It would be nice if the tutorial would also teach me on how to authenticate a user through the API. https://www.applock.ooo/

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell. https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/

my issue got solved!!

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team September 25, 2019 06:10 AM UTC

Hi VoltarMendoza,  

Thanks for the update.  We are happy to assist you.  

Regards, 
Gurunathan  

HS Harsh Shah April 2, 2020 07:38 AM UTC

Hi refer following site it provide very good tutorial of web API

hope this will helps you.

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team April 8, 2020 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Harsh, 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Regards, 
Rajapandiyan S.  

AS Amos Smith April 22, 2020 10:55 PM UTC

Thank you for sharing

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team April 23, 2020 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Amos, 

we are happy to assists you. Please get back to us if you need further assistance.  

Regards, 
Rajapandiyan S 

AS Amos Smith replied to Harsh Shah April 25, 2020 09:54 PM UTC

Hi refer following site it provide very good tutorial of web API

hope this will helps you.

I need to find more information on this topic because I am preparing a written work on this topic and I need to prepare properly.
 I already read examples of work on this source http://https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/religion/ and took a lot of new ideas for myself. But this, of course, is not enough, so I am very grateful for any recommendations.

Thank you so much
Amos

MF Mohammed Farook J Syncfusion Team April 27, 2020 08:45 AM UTC

Hi Amos, 

This query is related to general. And it is not relates to Syncfusion support. So many online tutorials are available for WEBAPI.  Please find the tutorial links are: 

If you are facing any issue while implementing  WEBAPI with Syncfusion Controls and you post that issue. 

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

AS Amos Smith replied to Mohammed Farook J April 29, 2020 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Amos, 

This query is related to general. And it is not relates to Syncfusion support. So many online tutorials are available for WEBAPI.  Please find the tutorial links are: 

If you are facing any issue while implementing  WEBAPI with Syncfusion Controls and you post that issue. 

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

Thank you, very helpful! 
It's source great for my work in MakeMyTrip application and it's already helped me. But now my main issue is theoretical knowledge and written work on this topic, so I am looking for additional sources of information like this one https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/religion/  because not many operate with sufficient knowledge on this topic and can give adequate advice and recommendations 
Thanks a lot
 Amos

MF Mohammed Farook J Syncfusion Team April 30, 2020 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Amos, 

We regret that we do not have any additional source with us other than the one provided in our last update. Also as your query is not related to Syncfusion controls we could not provide any further updates for this query. 

If you are facing any issues while creating your application using Syncfusion Controls . Please query to Syncfusion support. 

Regard, 
J Mohammed Farook  

CW chin woo replied to Mohammed Farook J May 28, 2020 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Amos, 

We regret that we do not have any additional source with us other than the one provided in our last update. Also as your query is not related to Syncfusion controls we could not provide any further updates for this query. 

If you are facing any issues while creating your application using Syncfusion Controls . Please query to Syncfusion support. 

Regard, 
J Mohammed Farook  

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. word counter Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell.

i agree! I am really grateful for your sharing, it is helping me right now! 

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team May 29, 2020 12:58 PM UTC

Hi chin,  

We regret that we do not have any additional source with us other than the one provided in our previous update. Also your query is not related to Syncfusion controls we could not provide any further updates for this query.  

If you are facing any issues while creating your application using Syncfusion Controls . Please create a new ticket and query to Syncfusion support.  

Regards, 
Rajapandiyan S 

SU Suman September 8, 2020 10:53 AM UTC

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information.

AG Ajith Govarthan Syncfusion Team September 10, 2020 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Suman, 

Thanks for the update. 

we are happy to assists you. Please get back to us if you need further assistance.   

Regards, 
Ajith G.  

MS Mark Smith September 17, 2020 12:55 PM UTC

Check tutorials on udemy.It will help and all tutorials are updated.

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team September 18, 2020 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Mark,  

Thanks for your suggestion.  

Regards,  
Rajapandiyan S 

LI Laurence Ince replied to Amos Smith May 12, 2021 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Amos, 

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook  

Thank you, very helpful! 
It's source great for my work in MakeMyTrip application and it's already helped me. But now my main issue is theoretical knowledge and written work on this topic, so I am looking for additional sources of information like this one https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/religion/  because not many operate with sufficient knowledge on this topic and can give adequate advice and recommendations 
Thanks a lot
 Amos

Hey!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         employee monitoring
I'm hoping someone can tell me where exactly I should start learning what I want. It should be added that most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with)
Thank you
Laurence

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team May 13, 2021 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Laurence,  

We regret that we do not have any additional source with us other than the one provided in our previous update. Also, your query is not related to Syncfusion controls so we could not provide any further updates for this query.  

If you are facing any issues while creating your application using Syncfusion Controls. Please contact us anytime. We will be happy to assist you. 

Regards, 
Rajapandiyan S 

PL pau lpraveen May 25, 2021 11:44 AM UTC

Thanks for the update.

RS Rajapandiyan Settu Syncfusion Team May 26, 2021 04:35 AM UTC

Hi pau,  

You’re welcome.  

Regards,  
Rajapandiyan S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon