We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How do you display book view?

We have some generated comparison's that show side-by-side (book) view of each page in the PDF. But the viewer doesn't seem to have a way to show book mode.

Native IE 11 and Edge show it correctly OOB. Chrome doesn't show book mode. The PDF Viewer control shows it like Chrome. Is there a way to tell it to show page mode?

7 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 1, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Stan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we don’t have support to view the pdf document in Double Page View Mode. We have added it to our feature request list. but, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. 

Now, you can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through below link.  

Feature description: 
Option to view the PDF document in Double Page mode as in Edge and Adobe Acrobat 

Could you please provide us the screenshot or video to represent your requirement If our feature description is different your requirement or scenario. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

FJ Florene J Anderson replied to Ramya Thirugnanam December 14, 2020 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Stan, 

Currently, we don’t have support to view the pdf document in Double Page View Mode. We have added it to our feature request list. but, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. 

Now, you can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through below link.  

Feature description: 
Option to view the PDF document in Double Page mode as in Edge and Adobe Acrobat 

Could you please provide us the screenshot or video to represent your requirement If our feature description is different your requirement or scenario. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

thank you very much for the recommendations, it's very helpful for me!

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team December 14, 2020 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Florene, 

Thank you for your update.  As mentioned earlier, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. You can track the status of your request through the below link.   

Regards, 
Akshaya 

FJ Florene J Anderson replied to Ramya Thirugnanam December 28, 2020 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Stan, 

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/4555/double-page-view-mode-support-in-pdf-viewer 

it is very convenient, thanks! My book is displayed, everything is fine. Recently, I have often read from a computer screen. Guys lately, I'm just in awe of the book I read. This is Charlotte Gilman's Yellow Wallpaper. The theme of immersion in madness is developed both in Emily Dickenson's I Felt a Burial in My Brain and in Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman. Each story gradually depicts the madness of the main character and it is incredibly sincere. You can read about these books at https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/the-yellow-wallpaper/ Yellow Wallpaper, an 1891 story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, is a tale of a young woman suffering from what seems to be postpartum depression The narrator, a young woman, tells through a diary about a three-month stay on the estate.

Feature description: 
Option to view the PDF document in Double Page mode as in Edge and Adobe Acrobat .

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Thank you for such a valuable information. I was looking for a long time detailed explanation. Really appreciate your reply!

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team December 29, 2020 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Florene, 

Thank you for your update. 

Currently, we do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases and we will let you know once the feature is implemented. 

Regards, 
Akshaya

AS Amos Smith May 13, 2021 10:40 AM UTC

I always choose this book mode, it's more convenient for me. I like it when each page is separate. This is especially true for learning. This to some extent facilitates the educational process, and this is important for me, because it can be quite difficult to study like that. Like now, for example, I'm preparing a research paper using this source https://www.bestessay.com/ It's good that there are auxiliary resources that make life easier.

VS Vasugi Sivajothi Syncfusion Team May 15, 2021 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Amos, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we do not have support to view the PDF document in book view. As we mentioned in this forum, we have logged this as a feature and the feature implementation will be included in any of our upcoming releases. You can track the status using below feedback link. 

Regards, 
Vasugi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon