We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Migration tools from .net 1.1 to 4.x -> SF v4.2 to lastest

Hi,
I've an old application write with .net framework 1.1 and Syncfusion controls v4.201.0.37.
With the last version of syncfusuion i've the migration tools but it can only migrate from .net 2.0

Do you have any solution/tools for migrate my application easely ?

7 Replies

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Syncfusion has stopped providing the .NET Framework 1.1 support from Essential Studio version 7.1 and later. So, all the Syncfusion utilities from v7.1 doesn’t have .NET Framework 1.1 support.

Currently we are providing the support for Framework versions 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.6. Please download and install the latest Syncfusion Essential Studio v15.1.0.41 from the following link and upgrade your projects to the required framework version.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads/15_1_0_41  

Regards,
Manivannan S.

MA mar March 3, 2018 11:57 PM UTC

I went from dot net 1.1 to vs2017 with the following steps:
copy the dot net 1.1 project folder to a new folder
delete the licenses.licx file
open that copied project in vs2017 and finish the upgrade wizard
change the target dot net framework to a newer version
remove the references to the dot net 1.1 syncfusion assemblies
add in the references to the new syncfusion assemblies
save & exit
delete the "backup" folder that vs2017 creates under the copied folder
run the syncfusion control panel, select utilities/project migration, point to the copied folder, select the correct dot net framework version from the drop-down, select 'remove hint paths'

KJ Kalap Johnson Peter Paulraj Syncfusion Team March 5, 2018 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Mar,

The provided steps to migrate .NET framework version from 1.1 to latest version is correct. Please refer the following documentation link for more information regarding Project Migration

https://help.syncfusion.com/common/essential-studio/utilities#project-migration

Regards,
Kalap Johnson Peter.P

SY simon yang December 28, 2019 04:03 PM UTC

Can I still get it for a trail ?

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Simon,

The download link for v15.1.0.41 can be accessed only if you have a valid Syncfusion license. Licensed users can only access the older versions of Syncfusion Essential Studio. Also, the trial can be downloaded only for the latest Syncfusion version v17.4.0.39.

As you have already downloaded the v17.4.0.39, you can continue using that version for evaluation.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

IS IsabellWelsh replied to Manivannan Sundararajan February 6, 2020 09:27 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Syncfusion has stopped providing the .NET Framework 1.1 support from Essential Studio version 7.1 and later. So, all the Syncfusion utilities from v7.1 doesn’t have .NET Framework 1.1 support.

Currently we are providing the support for Framework versions 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.6. Please download and install the latest Syncfusion Essential Studio v15.1.0.41 from the following link and upgrade your projects to the required framework version.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads/15_1_0_41  

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Thanks for the description and so detailed instructions! Will follow them further and make sure if everything works ok here.

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 05:53 AM UTC

HI IsabellWelsh,

Thanks for the update.

Please get back to us if you require any further assistance.

Regards,
Manivannan S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon