We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Studio for Lightswitch - Installation issues (11.4.0.26)

Hi,

I seem to be having major issues installing Essential Studio for Lightswitch.  First, I installed Essential Studio Enterprise...when I then commence the installation for ES for LightSwitch...It asks me if I wish to uninstall Essential Studio.

If I install just Essential Studio for LightSwitch, I can't see any of the Sf extensions in Visual Studio when I open a new LS project (or my current project) to add.

Would be grateful for some assistance!  I need both products.

16 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team February 7, 2014 03:31 AM UTC

Hi Ankur,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know Essential Studio for LightSwitch setup version in which you are facing the reported issue. Also, please follow the steps suggested in the following Knowledge Base article link and send us the zip file generated by our tool. 

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2331 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vadivel N

AW Anthony Weng February 11, 2014 01:36 PM UTC

Vadivel,

I am having the same issue. Should I send the log file to Syncfusion Technical Support?

Anthony

AW Anthony Weng replied to Vadivel Natarajan February 11, 2014 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Ankur,

Please let us know Essential Studio for LightSwitch setup version in which you are facing the reported issue. Also, please follow the steps suggested in the following Knowledge Base article link and send us the zip file generated by our tool. 

Regards,
Vadivel N

Vadivel,

I had this issue yesterday (2/10/2014). This morning, I tried again and the the issue is gone.

1. Uninstalled the Essential Studio Enterprise.
2. Get latest Essential Studio Enterprise and re-installed it.
3. Get latest Lightswitch and installed it.

Thanks,

AW Anthony Weng replied to Anthony Weng February 11, 2014 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Ankur,

Regards,
Vadivel N

Vadivel,

I had this issue yesterday (2/10/2014). This morning, I tried again and the the issue is gone.

1. Uninstalled the Essential Studio Enterprise.
2. Get latest Essential Studio Enterprise and re-installed it.
3. Get latest Lightswitch and installed it.

Thanks,

Vadivel,

After got the Lightswitch installed, I did not see the Lightswitch being added to the Syncfusion Dashboard. It looks like the Lightswitch installer has the same installer name as Essential Studio Enterprise installer. I bet this is why some user try to install the Lightswitch got the message to uninstall the Essential Studio Enterprise.

AG Ankur Gupta February 11, 2014 07:40 PM UTC

Hi Anthony, this is normal.  Both products simply show up as Syncfusion Essential Studio 11.4.0.26.  Just create a blank Lightswitch project with a desktop client, and ensure you can add the extensions Sf<ComponentName> to your newly created project.

AW Anthony Weng February 11, 2014 08:21 PM UTC

Ankur Gupta,

After I installed the Lightswitch, I could not find any sample code, install folder, dll...etc. It was not event showing up on the Syncfusion Dashboard so I uninstalled it from my development machine. The worse part is the Lightswitch uninstall program uninstalled my Syncfusion Essential Studio away and the Lightswitch still showing on my windows program and features. Ankur, did you successfully install Lightswitch on your system?

Thanks,

Anthony

AG Ankur Gupta February 11, 2014 10:27 PM UTC

@Anthony, unfortunately I had exactly the same experience.  I ended up wiping my dev machine and reinstalling again.

This was my response to Vadivel:

Ankur Gupta

Updated on Feb 05, 2014 03:20:53 PM

Hello, The issue seems to occur when I try to install SF Essential Studio Lightswitch after installing Studio Enterprise.

Could you please note the following corrections:

Office: Office 2013 x86

So far, I have now completely wiped the development machine and started the whole installation process with a new copy of VS2013.  I installed Studio Lightswitch first, and the SyncFusion extensions were visible in my project.  After installing Studio Enterprise, the extensions are still available under Extensions and Updates - this is a good sign.

Now, I will be commencing the installation of Update 1 and will get back to you with results.

Thanks,

Ankur

AW Anthony Weng February 12, 2014 05:41 PM UTC

Ankur,

I found a copy of Lightswtich installation that I downloaded on 1/19/2014. It works well. I finally see the Lightswitch shows on the Syncfusion Dashboard. The sample also installed

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team February 19, 2014 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Ankur,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have checked this issue by installing the Essential Studio setup v11.4.0.26 in a Windows 8.1 machine and then installing the corresponding version LightSwitch setup.We are unable to reproduce the reported issue.

We are able to run the Syncfusion dashboard and to add the LightSwitch Extensions in VisualStudio projects.

Please get back to us, if you face any issues with LightSwitch setup.

Regards,
Sivaguru S                                                                                                            

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team February 19, 2014 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the update.

Also, please ensure that you are able to add the LightSwitch extensions in your VisualStudio project.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S                                                                                                            

AG Ankur Gupta replied to Sivaguru S February 19, 2014 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Ankur,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have checked this issue by installing the Essential Studio setup v11.4.0.26 in a Windows 8.1 machine and then installing the corresponding version LightSwitch setup.We are unable to reproduce the reported issue.

We are able to run the Syncfusion dashboard and to add the LightSwitch Extensions in VisualStudio projects.

Please get back to us, if you face any issues with LightSwitch setup.

Regards,
Sivaguru S                                                                                                            

Hello,

I wish you would've made the effort to actually read my responses.  I resolved my issue myself - your response 2 weeks from my initial post do not help!

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team February 20, 2014 03:40 AM UTC

Hi Ankur,

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

NA nakshitaju June 18, 2014 11:57 AM UTC

Release story of 22 Jump Street

[url=http://www.holidaycheck.com/view-Travel+forum-Mast+Hai+22+Jump+Street+Watch+22+Jump+Street+online+Ftaftt-id_269137.html]Full HD Hollywood Movie 22 Jump Street[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/22jumpstreetinfoonlineget]Full HD Hollywood Flick 22 Jump Street[/url]

nearly matches the first film's output. Personally, I believe that this sequel stands head- and-shoulders over the first film, expanding the story and bringing forth an even stronger level of comedy. Is it this year's best comedy? I wouldn't go that far, seeing as The LEGO Movie and The Grand Budapest Hotel offered both laughs and deeper meaning and significance. However, I can assuredly bet that with its non-stop laughs, 22

NA nakshitaju June 18, 2014 11:59 AM UTC

Release story of 22 Jump Street

http://www.holidaycheck.com/view-Travel+forum-Mast+Hai+22+Jump+Street+Watch+22+Jump+Street+online+Ftaftt-id_269137.html
https://www.facebook.com/22jumpstreetinfoonlineget

nearly matches the first film's output. Personally, I believe that this sequel stands head- and-shoulders over the first film, expanding the story and bringing forth an even stronger level of comedy. Is it this year's best comedy? I wouldn't go that far, seeing as The LEGO Movie and The Grand Budapest Hotel offered both laughs and deeper meaning and significance. However, I can assuredly bet that with its non-stop laughs, 22

KO KoksalBasar February 20, 2015 03:56 PM UTC

Hi everybody,

I have similar experience. I can't install both control HTML and desktop versions at the same time. 

When I install the second control the first one disappears. I'm interested in only Lightswitch controls and want to use both of them. 

The Configuration : 

Windows server 2008 R2 Standart

VS 2013 Community Edition

Syncfusion Version : 12.4.0.24 -- 02/04/2015

I'm ready for the all suggestions...

Thanks for your support,

KB

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team March 4, 2015 09:29 AM UTC

Hi KoksalBasar,

In order to configure both LightSwitch HTML and LightSwitch Silverlight controls in Visual Studio, please follow the steps provided in the below KB article link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3974

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon