We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Haven't bought yet, and maybe won't it seems so buggy

I really want to buy this control, but I'm having a hard time justifying it based on my experience with the trial. I'm usually pretty forgiving on a few bugs here and there. But this seems unbearable. I've tried all kinds of things with the PieSeries, and so much doesn't seem to work.

At first, I wasted a few hours trying to get colors working then finally found the bug that's acknowledged on this forum thread.

Then, I'm trying to get anything to work with "ExplodeIndex" and nothing works. No matter what index I set it doesn't change anything. I saw on another thread (a Win Phone thread) that you should called "UpdateSegments", but that's not available on the Xamarin control it seems.

Then, I've tried everything I can to NOT show a background on the label. No matter what, it still shows it, even with "ShowBackground = false".

In addition, "ShowConnectorLine = false" doesn't seem to do anything either...it always shows the line.

Is it really this bad? Or is the documentation so bad that I'm just not putting the right magical combination in?

2 Replies

SK Satheesh Kumar T Syncfusion Team November 12, 2014 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

Some of the issues that you have reported are usage issues due to the lack of documentation and others are platform specific bugs in the initial release.

ExplodeIndex - Since the default value of ExplodeRadius is zero, the pie segment did not look like it was exploded even after setting the ExplodeIndex value. It will only take effect after setting some value for ExplodeRadius. However, we understand that this can be confusing to users so will change the default value of ExplodeRadius in a future release to be greater than 0 so that it is noticeable when the ExplodeIndex value is set.

ShowBackground, ShowConnectorLine - We are able to reproduce the issue in iOS. We will fix this issue in our upcoming service pack release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of next week.

The upcoming service pack also contains fixes for several issues including the issue with colors getting incorrectly applied. This update should address most of the problems that you are seeing. We will also provide more documentation in the future but till then please post your questions on the forums.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
Satheesh Kumar T.

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team November 26, 2014 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

We are glad to announce that our Service pack 1 for Vol 3 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117667/essential-studio-2014-volume-3-service-pack-release-v12-3-0-38-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon