We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Pink is the new Gray

I have an unusual problem with the charts for Xamarin.  I can assign any colors to custom brushes except gray or grayish colors.  Red looks like red, green looks like green, blue looks like blue, but gray, silver, RGB (200,200,200), etc. all come out pink.  I even tried tweaking the RGB just a tad to fool it, e.g. RGB (200,200,202) - no dice, still pink.  Unfortunately gray is sort of an important color for my theme.

3 Replies

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team October 27, 2014 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. 

We are able to reproduce the issue in iOS Xamarin.Forms. We will fix this issue in our next service pack release which will be available at the end of November, 2014.  However, you can resolve this issue by using following workaround,

Code snippet [C#]:

Color color = Color.Gray;
ColumnSeries series = newColumnSeries ();
series.Color = Device.OnPlatform (Color.FromRgba (color.R / 255, color.G, color.B / 255, color.A / 255), color, color);

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample in the following location.

Disclaimer: The date for the release is tentative and not a commitment on our parts.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V

Attachment: SimpleChartSample_b3719ad.zip

MO Michael O'Connor October 27, 2014 09:47 PM UTC

Thanks for providing the workaround, it works.

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team October 28, 2014 06:45 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon