According to Wikipedia, Arm processors are desirable for light, portable, battery-powered devices, including smartphones, laptops, tablet computers, and other embedded systems. Windows applications can usually be run using Arm processors. The Arm processor can run x86 and x64 in emulation mode. But to enjoy the most efficiency, it is always better to build the application in Arm configuration.
With the increase in the hype around using Arm processors in modern hardware, let’s focus on the advantages of the Arm processor:
- Power consumption: Compared to other processors on the market, Arm processors consume less power, thereby making them an inevitable choice for battery-powered devices.
- Performance: Arm processors provide better performance per watt. Also, they execute complex operations by splitting them into simpler ones.
- Cost: The production of Arm processors is much less expensive than complex processors and does not need expensive equipment.
In the keynote speech delivered by Satya Nadella during the Microsoft Build 2022 event, he previewed plans to roll out Project Volterra, a Windows Arm developer kit powered by Snapdragon, by the end of 2022.
At first glance, the device looks similar to a Mac mini, but it’s expected to deliver high processing speeds and its innovative stackable design provides flexibility for deployment.
Recently, Qualcomm, the manufacturer behind the Snapdragon processor, announced the Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK, which along with Project Volterra, will allow developers to explore various scenarios in artificial intelligence.
Arm64 Visual Studio
In June, Microsoft announced the availability of Visual Studio 2022 as an Arm64 application. So, we can use the Visual Studio IDE on any Arm-powered device with Windows 11.
For more information, refer to the article Visual Studio on Arm-powered devices.
Syncfusion control compatibility
- PDF Viewer control in both WinForms and WPF platforms.
- PDF Library: HTML-to-PDF conversion.
- PDF Library: OCR processing.
- PDF Library: PDF-to-image conversion.
Enjoy developing efficient applications in Arm configuration using Syncfusion controls and share your experiences as comments on this blog. You can also reach us through our support forums, support portal, or feedback portal.