We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ShowSortNumber

What happens when ShowSortNumber property is set to true for GridDataControl? I couldn't find any documentation for this

3 Replies

RA Rajasekar Syncfusion Team June 27, 2011 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You can sort multiple GridDataVisibleColumn by pressing CTRL + "Column Header". By setting the property ShowSortNumber as True you can view sorting order number in the respective GridDataVisibleColumns Header. But while doing this, we are facing some behavioral problem with ShowSortNumber and VisualStyles. So, In order to provide the patch, we have created Direct Trac Incidents(#81948) for providing the fix. For further clarification in this query please update in the respective Incident(#81948) for better follow up.

We will add the documentation for this Feature in our upcoming volume release.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

VI Vijay July 3, 2013 09:07 AM UTC

Is this issue fixed. I am using GridDataControl with multiple sort enabled. Even though i made ShowSortNumber = "True", the sort numbers are not appearing. 

Will sort number appear only with Ctrl+click or by right clicking on each column and select sort from context menu?

TV Thangapriya V Syncfusion Team September 6, 2013 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Vijay,

Yes, the issue with ShowSortNumber reported in this forum is fixed. And If ShowSortNumber is set as True, the sort number will appear only with Ctrl+click or by right clicking on each column and select sort from context menu.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Thangapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon