We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Different footer on each page

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

99891 Jun 16,2011 07:29 PM Jun 21,2011 07:20 AM Silverlight 3
Tags: PDF
Kevin Dockx
Asked On June 16, 2011 07:29 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to create a PDF in Silverlight with a different footer depending on the page number: first footer should contain an image + page number, footer on other pages just text + page number.

We've already got the code for page numbers up & running, but we don't seem to be able to change the footer depending on the page number we're on. How can this be done?

Suresh M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 17, 2011 08:11 AM

Hi Kevin

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You can create sections in the PDF document using Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfSection class and add different header and footer to the pages in those sections.

Please refer the following link for the sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=footer-750365163.zip

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards
Suresh M

Kevin Dockx
Replied On June 17, 2011 10:18 AM

Hello,

thank you for the fast reply. However

- this is a Windows Forms example, we're using the Silverlight version.

- in the example, you're using 2 sections with their own footer: one with one page, the other with multiple pages. But in the case we're trying to solve, we have a grid with data which starts on the first page, and runs through a variable number of pages (depending on the amount of data). If I understand this correctly, I cannot let that grid (table) run across different sections? So I'm afraid we're still stuck... Is there a solution for this problem? One variable length table, running across pages & starting on the first page, where the first page should contain footer A and all the other pages should contain footer B.

Thanks for your time.

Suresh M [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 21, 2011 07:20 AM

Hi Kevin,

In order to achieve your requirement,

-Add the grid to the PDF document and save it.

-Load the saved document and split it into two documents.

-Add an extra page to the second document so as to maintain the page sequence.

-Add desired footer to the individual documents.

-Create a new document and import the desired page from the two documents.

Please download the sample from the link below.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=SilverlightApplication1141745859.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Suresh M

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;