We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Dynamically changing datasource of a grid drop downlist control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

99829 Jun 14,2011 09:15 PM UTC Jul 14,2011 12:14 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: Grouping
Namita Jain
Asked On June 14, 2011 09:15 PM UTC

Hi

I am trying to change the data source of a grid drop down list control(and it's autocomplete) inside a Gridgrouping Control. The control does get populated and also the auto complete works. But when i select an entry from the list, the text displayed is the "id" and not the display member.
My data source's displayMember & Value are the same column names in both the datatables.
While debugging, i figured out that on dynamic change of the data source the "Text" property is blank - whereas the "text" property has some value on initial load.
Can you please suggest.

Thanks
-Namita

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 16, 2011 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Namita,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I have tested the issue in the following sample and am afraid I was unable to see the reported issue. Please refer to this sample,

Regards,
Jisha

GGCListControl-2079019300_9954ea3a.zip

Namita Jain
Replied On July 13, 2011 07:37 PM UTC

The datasource is not set on the form load but at run time.
In your example, you are setting the datasource on load - which definitely works.

So my question's still open.
Please let me know if you can help me on this?

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 14, 2011 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Namitha,

I was unable to see the issue reported. Is it possible for you to provide us a sample showing the issue?.

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;