We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Data binding and item templates

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

99426 May 19,2011 05:37 PM UTC May 25,2011 09:38 AM UTC WPF 1
Tags: GridControl
Nickolas Muson
Asked On May 19, 2011 05:37 PM UTC

Hello,
I am using the GridDataControl to bind to a list of business objects. What I was expecting to see in a WPF control that accepts binding to a list of objects is a way to define an ItemTemplate to show how each item in the list is rendered.

However, it appears that the way GDC is written, each item in a bound list gets 1 and only 1 row, and while I can set the styling on that row, or I can set the style for any column, the row is not "lookless" in any way. What if I want a bound item to use 2 rows, or a row on top of some other control, or include merged cells? This should be possible in a WPF control.

I can find virtually no documentation on GridDataRowControl, which seems to be the relevant control. And if I try to ControlTemplate that one it has no apparent effect. Really there is very little documentation on WPF styling in GridDataControl at all.

Karthick Ravichandran [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 25, 2011 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Nikolas,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query: While I can set the styling on that row, or I can set the style for any column, the row is not "lookless" in any way.

We can set the style for the bounded cells by using the CellItemTemplate or CellEditItemTemplate however we are unable to set the style for rows or columns. And when we set the row style and column style in an application in which the row style is higher precedence that the column style.

Please find the following documentation link for styling in GridDataControl.

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_92/User%20Interface/WPF/Grid/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F42315lookandfeel.htm

Query: What if I want a bound item to use 2 rows, or a row on top of some other control, or include merged cells? This should be possible in a WPF control?

We are unable to get your requirement , can you please explain whether you need the empty row on the top of the row.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Karthick

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;