We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplashControl in Essential Tools 9

Hi,

I've migrated Essential Tools from v8 to v9, and I have a problem with a SplashControl, witch doesn't show the image anymore (it's black)

Can you tell me how to solve the problem?
Thanks

5 Replies

VS Vallarasu S Syncfusion Team May 2, 2011 06:16 AM UTC

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Could you please create an Incident in our Direct - Trac support system under the following link, therefore we can follow-up with this defect and can provide a patch for this defect.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac

Regards,
Vallarasu S.

CA Central Account May 3, 2011 07:51 AM UTC

For you information...
(besides the fact that a final release contains an important bug, there is no post on the forum to explain that, and you tell me to create an incident whereas a patch already exists... Syncfusion is not a way to earn time anymore..)

"The issue reported with SplashPanel is a known issue and it has been fixed. The patch for this fix can be downloaded from the following location.

Patch Link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/Support/Patch/9.1.0.24/45283/79953/SyncfusionPatch_9.1.0.24_45283_5032011124113_79953.exe

Assemblies Link:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/Support/Patch/9.1.0.24/45283/79953/SyncfusionPatch_9.1.0.24_45283_5032011124113_79953.zip

Installation directions

This patch should replace the files” Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll” under the following folder.

$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ 9.1.0.24\precompiledassemblies\9.1.0.24\2.0
$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ 9.1.0.24\precompiledassemblies\9.1.0.24\3.5
$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ 9.1.0.24\precompiledassemblies\9.1.0.24\4.0

After these assemblies have been replaced, please run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard which is installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.

Disclaimer :

Please note that we have created this patch for version 9.1.0.24 specifically to resolve the issue with SplashPanel reported in this incident.

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received to apply all the fixes to your system. This fix will be included in our main release Vol 2 2011 which will be available in the first week of May."

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team May 3, 2011 09:22 AM UTC

Hi,

I apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We used to share the private patches only through Direct-Trac and not through forums.

“Known issue” we mean in patch update is that, we uncovered this bug while we processing the Volume 2 2011 release. Since it was already found by us and fixed in code, hence we mentioned it as known issue.

This fix will take place in Volume 2 2011 release. And the Release Notes of that version will have this fix detail.

Please let us know if you have concerns.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

CA Central Account May 3, 2011 09:53 AM UTC

Ok, so where could I find the list of these patches ?
If you don't communicate in the forum, I have to know where I can start searching when I find a bug..

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team May 4, 2011 04:06 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

You can find the list of bugs which are fixed in each release alone from the following link on ‘Release Notes’. And if you need a patch for the specific bug, you want to create a new Direct-Trac incident through which we can provide a patch for that specific bug.

[Link]
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/version-history

If you found any new bug on our control . Kindly create an incident and bring that issue to our attention, further we will process that issue and will deliver you the patch for the reported issue on maximum of two weeks time.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon