We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Working with fields code of Microsoft Word

Hi,

I'm trying the Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS library to evaluate if the company should buy it. I have several word office doc file with fields code on it (history about 5 years), the objective is that I need to access to those fields code control them using the field code name and convert the field code to bookmark.

The main idea is during the utilization, the user when open the document the custom application switches the fields code to bookmark.

How I can get the access to the field code, get the value and convert the field to a bookmark with the value as a name?

I checked several ways without success.

Please advice.

Regards,
RS

3 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team February 22, 2011 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently Essential DocIO does not provide explicit access to the field codes. For your requirement of replacing the field code by a bookmark, we have created a simple sample. Could you please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample:
F983401975397589.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Poornima

RS Ricardo Soares February 22, 2011 10:11 AM UTC

Hi,

I've run your sample and is not working, the fields code are not caught. I include the sample file that I've used for this test.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
RS

sample_RS_29989c7d.zip

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team March 8, 2011 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your update.

In the attached document link fields are inserted, which links the information from another application to the original source file using OLE. Hence the link fields are read as OLE objects and this is not an issue with DocIO. Please let us know if you face any problems regarding other fields.

Reference link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/field-codes-link-field-HP010263667.aspx

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon