We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Node can''t be null

Hi,

We recently bought Syncfusion controls. We are getting some warnings in production server saying like node cantbe null and showing some syncfusion dll names. I am just pasing the eventlog can anyone help me how to fix this issue.

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-129423289985243864
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OM\
Machine name: PACDCPCCOMA01

Process information:
Process ID: 3184
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool

Exception information:
Exception type: ArgumentNullException
Exception message: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Node can't be null

Request information:
Request URL: http://ccom/ImgRequest.ashx?dID=ccf03ab3-1902-4ad2-9020-e9025a8431d9&nName=LineConnector41&recLeft=0&recTop=0&recRight=1&recBottom=1&DrawPorts=true&t=WedAn unhandled exception has occurred.C%2016%20Feb%202011%2020%3A25%3A32%20UTC
Request path: /ImgRequest.ashx
User host address: 10.172.229.74
User: CABLE\LMorga006
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Negotiate
Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool

Thread information:
Thread ID: 13
Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.DiagramUtils.GetBitmapNodeSize(Node node, Single fMagnification)
at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.NodeRenderHandler.RenderNode(HttpContext context, View dgmView, String strNodeName, Boolean& bSync, RenderOptimizations renderOpt)
at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.NodeRenderHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

Event Xml:
'>http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x80000000000000

Application
PACDCPCCOMA01.cable.comcast.com

An unhandled exception has occurred.
2/16/2011 3:27:25 PM
2/16/2011 8:27:25 PM
8405df81e617400d9a85986550853be5
/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-129423289985243864
Full
/
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OM\
PACDCPCCOMA01

w3wp.exe
IIS APPPOOL\Classic .NET AppPool
ArgumentNullException
Value cannot be null.

http://ccom/ImgRequest.ashx?dID=ccf03ab3-1902-4ad2-9020-e9025a8431d9&nName=LineConnector41&recLeft=0&recTop=0&recRight=1&recBottom=1&DrawPorts=true&t=Wed%2C%2016%20Feb%202011%2020%3A25%3A32%20UTC
/ImgRequest.ashx
CABLE\LMorga006
True
Negotiate
False
at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.DiagramUtils.GetBitmapNodeSize(Node node, Single fMagnification)
at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.NodeRenderHandler.RenderNode(HttpContext context, View dgmView, String strNodeName, Boolean& bSync, RenderOptimizations renderOpt)
at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.NodeRenderHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

15 Replies

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 18, 2011 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Srini,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We are not able to reproduce issue reported by you. Could you please provide a simple sample to reproduce this issue which will be more helpful for us to investigate and provide better solution to you.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

SG Srini Gokidi February 18, 2011 06:39 PM UTC

Hi Bala Murugan,

This is error we are getting in our production server. I dont even know where we are getting this error(In which action) and why? But I am posting the code where iam using the syncfusion diagrams(.edd) files.

New Folder_60930d47.zip

SG Srini Gokidi February 21, 2011 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Bala Murugan,

I found why I am getting that error. In diagram file(.edd file) If user clicks on anynode(any square box) then we are redirecting to some x page. But when user clicks on the diagram other than the nodes(means square boxes) then I am getting that error. Can you tell me how to avoid this? means The method should work only when user clicks on the node....

BM Bala Murugan A.S Syncfusion Team February 24, 2011 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the update.

We have worked on this and since we are not able to reproduce the issue reported by you. Could you please modify the below sample to reproduce that issue and post it back. So that we can provide better solution to you.

Sample Link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Sample-107833912.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bala Murugan A.S

SG Srini Gokidi March 14, 2011 02:11 PM UTC

Hi,

As i already told you we are not getting this issue in our test and training environment. We are getting this error only in Production box. In training and test number of users are less. Where in prod number of users are more. We are suspecting that if the number of users are more then we are getting there issues and we are getting more deadlocks.(Our prod environment is windows 2008 r3 64bit). Please Let me know.

SG Srini Gokidi March 15, 2011 10:14 PM UTC

And one more doubt i have... we are using 8.103.0.30 version. We are not using latest version because we got patch for this version which doesn't have in latest version. Is there any bugs in this version? Please let us know. Its really hanging up the prod box. We are unable to solve this issue. Let me know ASAP.

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team March 18, 2011 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have found that there is no bug related to the issue reported here in the version 8.10.30. Also could you please confirm that whether you are using Windows 2008 R3 or Windows 2008 R2 in your production box?. Please let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

SG Srini Gokidi March 18, 2011 11:16 PM UTC

Its Windows 2008 R2

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team March 28, 2011 03:28 AM UTC

Hi Srini,

We regret for the delay in getting back to you.

I’m afraid that I am unable to reproduce the reported issue with Windows 2008 R2 in our end. Could you please share us more information or a simple sample to reproduce the reported issue which will be of more helpful for us to investigate further on this and provide a better solution to you?

Please let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

SG Srini Gokidi April 7, 2011 01:57 PM UTC

Hi,

Do we need to give any permissions on the server fro the image request? We are getting some unauthorized exceptions. At what Scenario we can get this exceptions and how to avoid this? Does it depends on the server load? Every time diagram loads on the page it's taking more time to load the diagram. Is there any better solution to load the diagrams faster? (Please find previous attached code for how we are loading the diagram)..Please Let us know ASAP.

Thanks

Diagram Error_6f104c26.rar

RM Rascall Morrison April 10, 2011 03:38 AM UTC

Thanks for the info.

SG Srinivasa Gokidi April 11, 2011 04:15 PM UTC

Hi,

We have this diagram under Telerik RadTabStrip. Does this radtab causing this image request issue? Previously we had problem with syncfusion autocompletetextbox under radtab. Please let us know.

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team April 13, 2011 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Srini,

We deeply regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Currently we are working on this and will update you with more details in one business day. Please let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

IM Ivan Mitev May 10, 2011 12:18 PM UTC

Hi,

We are facing the same exception that Srini Gokidi described, but we are experiencing it on a development machine. NOTE: We are using version 8.103.0.30 (with a patch applied).

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 10/05/2011 09:49:47
Event time (UTC): 10/05/2011 06:49:47
Event ID: 4df9d355a98348629d2a27e004cd5ea7
Event sequence: 395
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Validata/WebServer-5-129494835090989287
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /Validata/WebServer
Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Validata\WebServer\
Machine name: DEV12

Process information:
Process ID: 10104
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: ArgumentNullException
Exception message: Value cannot be null.

Request information:
Request URL: http://localhost/Validata/WebServer/BPManager/ImgRequest.ashx?dID=4da3d2a6-d909-4dcc-9784-dd856dba468f&nName=6583707-6583701&recLeft=3&recTop=2&recRight=687&recBottom=636&DrawPorts=true&t=TueAn unhandled exception has occurred.C%2010%20May%202011%2006%3A49%3A38%20GMT
Request path: /Validata/WebServer/BPManager/ImgRequest.ashx
User host address: ::1
User: Admin
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Forms
Thread account name: DEV12\validata_user

Thread information:
Thread ID: 37
Thread account name: DEV12\validata_user
Is impersonating: True
Stack trace: at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Diagram.DiagramUtils.GetBitmapNodeSize(Node node, Single fMagnification)

In this case, it seems that the exception is with a connector node (since the value of nName is 6583707-6583701). Unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to reproduce the issue consistently, it just happens from time to time.

Unfortunately when such an exception occurs, it seems to bring down the entire web application, i.e. there are no responses to HTTP requests, unless we do iisreset. Could you advice us how to limit the effects of this failure?

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team May 16, 2011 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Before i suggest a solution for the reported issue, could you please confirm us that whether your use case is same as Srini's use case?

[Srini's Use Case]

"Srini uses a single DiagramWebControl and tried to load three different Diagram [.edd] files through LoadBinaryDocument method based on his application requirement. He faced the NullReferenceException when a user updating the Diagram which is already loaded in the DiagramWebControl and at the same time an another trying to load another Diagram[.edd] file."

We found the root cause of this issue and explained the same to Srini.Here is the explanation about the usability issue.

With regards to the issue "NullReference exception", we suspect that the code which you have wrote in "setDiagram" causes the reported issue. In this method you have loaded three different edd files based on certain conditions and updated the same. The stack trace of this issue stated that "LineConnector41" is not available in the current Diagram's model. In the production environment the container(DiagramWebControl) is single and you are trying to load different models (i.e different diagram files) and updating the same based on application requirements. If you are trying to load a model[ex: model2] while a user updating another model[model1], the request for a node in model1 is no longer available because the model is changed.

We have suggested a solution to resolve the issue and the suggested solution is working fine in Srini's production end.

[Solution]

With regards to your query on "NullReference exception", we suggest you to handle different models in different diagram control in order resolve this issue. We have created a simple sample with IFrame to demonstrate this and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Sample-866781485.zip

Please use the above solution if your use case is same as Srini's use case. Otherwise, could you please share us more information or code snippet to reproduce the reported issue which will be of more helpful for us to investigate further on this and provide a better solution you?

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon