We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What Field Codes are supported during Mail Merge

Could you please supply me with a definitive list of which field codes DocIO supports and doesn't support during a mail merge.

The reason I ask is that I have the following in a Mail Merge template:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Gender } = "Male" "Him" "Her" }

If I run the mail merge using word then this gets turned into the text "Him" or "Her" depending on the value of the merge field Gender.

When I run a mail merge using DOC IO what ends up in the document is this field code:

IF " " MERGEFIELD Gender Female = "Male" "Him" Her"

This is wrong and resolves to the text " ".

Even more surprising the actual value of the Gender field is "Male" so I don't know where it's getting the string of spaces from.

1 Reply

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team February 17, 2011 01:22 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

Regarding “definitive list of which field codes DocIO supports and doesn't support during a mail merge.”, in this line did you exactly mean Merge formats or list fields supported in DocIO?

Regarding the issue “Wrong space text added during mail merging”, we are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue in our latest version 9.1.0.20. We have prepared the sample for your requirement. Could you please find the sample from the below link. DocIO do not have support for updating the If field. Once the document is generated you need to manually update the field to get the correct field result.

Sample:
F98244-1805816156.zip

Our latest version 9.1.0.20 is rolled out and available for download under the below location. Could you please try upgrading to our latest version and run the provided sample and let us know if this helps you.

Latest version down load link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/98103/Essential-Studio-2011-Volume-1-Final-Release-v91020-available-for-download

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon