We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merge fields in Header section

Hi

I need to create a document (i.e.: invoice) with a header with merge fields inside (invoice header with customer name, address, etc.) that may repeat in all pages of the document with the exception of last page.

But when I run the code, merge fields in header section are not filled.

Any idea?
Regards
Jose

7 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team February 10, 2011 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue “Merge field in the header section are not filled”. We have created simple sample for your requirement. Could you please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample:
F98152-1880463570.zip

If the issue still exist in your side. Could you please provide us with the sample you are trying or modify our sample to reproduce the mentioned issue. So that we can analyze the exact cause of the issue and provide you with clear details.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

AA Aaron March 18, 2020 02:32 PM UTC

what about with nested group mail merges? If I start my group in the header, it breaks.

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team March 19, 2020 04:20 PM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your update.

From the given details, we suspect that the issue might be specific to Word document. So, kindly provide us the input document along with complete code example to reproduce the mentioned issue, so that we can proceed further to analyse and update you with the appropriate details.

Note: If you have any confidential data in your Word document, please replace with some dummy data and provide us the same. We just need your document to recreate the problem you face.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

AA Aaron March 25, 2020 04:34 PM UTC

Attached is a sample merge solution that demonstrates the problem that I am having.  I am doing a nested group merge, however if I begin the group merge in the header it doesnt work.  Im looking to merge in the header so that if the table that is in the template wraps to a new page I still have my header on the page.  I have gotten it to work by not putting the header in the "header" section, but then I do not get my header on the new page.

Attachment: mergeSample_e3c17c3d.zip

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team March 26, 2020 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

On further checking the reported problem, we have found that Begin and End Group of mail merge are in different sections in the template Word document. Currently DocIO provides support for mail merge groups only within the same section or text body and doesn’t support separation of a group among multiple sections during mail merge.

We have already logged this as a feature request in our database and We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature.  At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features.  We will let you know when this feature is implemented.

The status of this feature can be tracked using following feedback report.
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/3169/perform-mail-merge-when-the-merge-fields-of-a-group-are-in-multiple-text-body

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

AA Aaron March 26, 2020 12:44 PM UTC

is there another way to do the merge to get the result I am looking for?

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team March 27, 2020 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Aaron,

On further checking the template Word document, your requirement will be achieved once after the implementation of the mentioned feature. We will let you know once the feature is implemented. Please track the status of this feature in below link
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/3169/perform-mail-merge-when-the-merge-fields-of-a-group-are-in-multiple-text-body

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon