We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MailMerge custom formating

You can define a merge field like this {MERGEFIELD ReportDate \@ M/d/yyyy} this would then format the Report date something like this January 1, 2011. I'd like to create a "custom" format that I process in code. Is there anyway in the MergeEvent to get that "extra" information on the merge field? Meaning I want to get the "\@ M/d/yyyy".

The reason for the custom formatting is that i want to suport just displaying the first character in a merge field. The obvious example is i have a name with a first, middle and last but I want to only show the middle initial in my merge document. Thoughts?

1 Reply

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team January 28, 2011 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential DocIO preserves the formatting information of fields in FieldCode property. This FieldCode property is internal property. There is no explicit access to this FieldCode property. We need to analyze more cases to make this property as public. Could you please report this through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon