We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How I can find encoding of existing PDF?

Hello! Excuse me for my english, I'm just a russian student.
I have a question:
In my litle program, working with PDF-files, I need to fill into listBox an encoding of existing PDF file. How can I do this using so Syncfusion classes, like PDFLoadedDocument, PDFLoadedPages, PDFLoadedPage etc.?

3 Replies

PJ Priyadharshini J Syncfusion Team January 13, 2011 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion products.

I have placed a simple sample to extract text from an existing pdf document and the extracted text is added to the listbox created in a new document in the location below:
977971935914279.zip

Kindly try this and also could you please provide us more details about your exact requirement. This will help us a lot in further investigation.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Priyadharshini

EL Elena January 13, 2011 07:05 AM UTC

Thank you for your help, but I have one another problem: when my program extracts text from existing PDF, the symbols in this text are not conform to symbols in source PDF. I think the problem is in different encodings in program and PDF. So I want to extract the information about PDF encoding to text- or list-Box. But I don't know, what property in using classes charged with this information.
P.S.: PDF contains russian symbols, maybe problem is in this?
Regards,
Elena.

PJ Priyadharshini J Syncfusion Team January 17, 2011 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Elena,

We are able to reproduce the issue and it is under further investigation.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Priyadharshini.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon