We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Does export to Excel support RTD (Real-time Data) mode?

In my program, I need to export some data, not in snapshot-manner, but rather as RTD "hot-link" (the data continues to update even after the export process finished - just like DDE). Is it possible in XIsIO or any another Syncfusion tool?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

SB Sathish Babu R Syncfusion Team December 15, 2010 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Nethanel Rukhimovich,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Our Syncfusion controls Windows grid and WPF grid has supports to update the data dynamically, Could you please update us more details on the point “even after the export process” which you have mentioned in the last post. So that we can provide you the concise details that suit you.

Please, let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Sathish

NR Nethanel Rukhimovich January 3, 2011 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Sathish,

Thank you for response, sorry for delay.
I would like to export some dynamically-changing data from Grid Control to Excel. Once I've exported this data to Excel, I'd like to see it changing dynamically in Excel (like a DDE). I.e. when Grid Control is updated, I'd like to see the change in Excel too.

Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards,
Nethanel

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team January 5, 2011 03:36 AM UTC

Hi Nethanel,

Thank you very much for your update.

Currently in Essential XlsIO, we don’t have any methods to reflect the changes made in the Grid control. As a workaround, explicitly you can raise an event to export the Grid content to the Excel sheet when the Grid was modified. We have created a sample to update the data, please try the sample and let me know if this helps you.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Pauline Bosco.

GridToExcel_e455f30c.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon