We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Upside down" MultiColumnTreeView ?

To all the MultiColumnTreeView users:

MultiColumnTreeView, a very useful component for those who want to display data within a hierarchical structure, as we all know.

However, I imagine there must be many of you out there who use it for displaying columns of numbers with parent node rows summarizing them (just like an Excel sheet with Subtotals). A major difference between the two (the MultiColumnTreeView and such an Excel sheet) would be the fact that in the treeview the children expand BELOW their summarizing row (instead of ABOVE, in Excel) and this may seem awkward for, let's say, an accountant.
(I have attached a picture to illustrate my idea)

In conclusion, if any of you would need this kind of feature, let us all express our wish to the Syncfusion team, hoping it would boost it up on their priority list and, thus, we could benefit soon from it.

Thanks
Lau Berghea

UpsideDown_38bf0ea4.zip

3 Replies

LB Lathika B Syncfusion Team December 20, 2010 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Lau,

We have logged a feature report for your query on MultiColumnTreeView and will be tracked through the Direct Trac incident.

Regards,
Lathika

LB Lau Berghea December 22, 2010 09:57 PM UTC

Thanks ;-)

CR Chandran R Syncfusion Team August 30, 2012 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Lau,

Thanks for the update.
We will update you once the feature is implemented.

Regards,
Chandran.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon