We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Serialize : Error Causing by ChartArea.Legend

Hello,

I'm loooking exactly what can I serialize on wpf chart, and I found a problem.

If I set a legend on a area

During serialization I got each serie of area twice.

The first as child of (problem), the seconde as child of ChartArea.Series (here's OK).

having 2 object with same Name cause exception during deserialization.

Regards.

Arnard

6 Replies

AR Arnard November 22, 2010 02:36 PM UTC

I also see that Chart.Legends is not serialized (no error), I think it's ok, but it was not set in the previous mail !

Regards.

Arnard

AR Arnard November 23, 2010 09:12 AM UTC

I think I'll set my all seralize difficulties here.

With a chart having a syncChartArea, this syncChartArea having two area, each having one serie. On the source chart, I can move the splitter between the two areas. On the clone's chart, even if the new splitter's position is good, I can't play with the splitter, areas are immovable.

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 23, 2010 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Arnard

Thanks for choosing syncfusion products.

The serialization support in Chart WPF in our Vol4 release is minimal support only. We have already implemented complete serialization support in our Volume 1 2011 Release, which is scheduled at 2nd week of January.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nithin Kaushik

AR Arnard November 23, 2010 11:16 AM UTC

I found another point.

A chartArea with a line serie and a rangeArea. If Line is first in chartSeries collection, on deserialization I got the two series. However, if rangearea is first in collection, on deserialization I got line serie but not rangeArea

AR Arnard November 23, 2010 11:19 AM UTC

Yes, I saw that, but as I have'nt a complete list of serialization support (support said BorderPathsY, Xaxys, Yaxys), I look into all interesting elements ^^

Release 2011.1 in juanary ? Cool :)

I hope that my previous posts could help you

NK Nithin Kaushik A Syncfusion Team November 24, 2010 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Arnanrd,

Thanks for your update. We will consider all your above mentioned test cases in our Volume 1 2011 Release.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nithin Kaushik

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon