We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion Essential Grid 3.3.0 Licensing Issues on Windows 7

Greetings,

My company has been developing an application for the past several years, and part of the application is built using controls found in the Syncfusion Essential Studio version 3.3.0.0. Up until now we have had no trouble getting the Essential Studio to install and run properly in Visual Studio 2005 and Windows XP.

Recently however, we have upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. While we also upgraded to Visual Studio 2010, we have been forced to also install Visual Studio 2005 so that we can continue to develop/support our old applications built off older 3rd party controls (such as Essential Studio 3.3.0.0) that only install in VS2005. Doing this has worked for the most part as we are able to successfully install old versions of Active Reports, Dundas Charts, and even Syncfusion Essential Studio 3.2.1.0.

When we try to install Essential Studio 3.3.0.0 we get errors durring the install process. The errors say "Unable to find Essential Suite" and "Error in updating at least one Syncfusion assembly". Following these errors a blank error pops up saying nothing. Screen shots of these errors are attached.

Anyway, the installer for Essential Studio 3.3.0.0 finishes and I see in my folder structure that all the dll's and such are installed. I try to follow the instructions given in the error message shown in the attached screen shot, by opening the Assembly Manager found in the Utilities folder, and when I do the Assembly Manager also says it can't find Essential Suite, which is ridiculous because the Assembly Manager is located inside the Essential Suite folder.

At any rate, the result of all this is Licensing Errors, and projects built using the the Essential Studio are now failing to build and a proper license can not be obtained for Syncfusion.Core.dll

How can I resolve this issue?

Installation Errors_3d32be.zip

2 Replies

CJ Corey Joslin November 11, 2010 05:44 PM UTC

Attached are more images showing the proof of my license for Essential Studio 3.3.0.0

The error message screen shot is the details of the error that pops up in visual studio when trying to compile a project that is using Syncfusion Essential Studio 3.3.0.0.

Then the other screen shot is a view of my Licensing Manager showing that I have the license for Essential Studio 3.3.0.0 installed on my computer.

Proof of License_5c65bec7.zip

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team November 12, 2010 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Corey,

Thanks for using our Syncufsion products.

Syncfusion Essential Studio version 3.3.0.0 does not provide the support for 64-bit machines. From Essential Studio version 7.4.0.20 onwards we have provide the support for 64-bit machines.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon