We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Group Paging , frozen columns , frozen rows ,

Hi I am working on a grid and i need it to function like an excel spreadsheet. I need to be able to freeze columns and rows, the works well when i freeze columns and rows the only problem is the data is a lot so the grid takes a bit of time to load and srcolling is a bit delayed. Am not sure how i can achieve client side editing , frozen columns and rows, unbound columns and still have good perfomance.I Know paging inmproves perfomance but am nt sure how i would do it and still have frozen columns and rows.Please help, am new at syncfusion and Iam desperately trying to get a grid control that I can work with. Thank you.

1 Reply

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team October 1, 2010 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Grid delays in rendering large number of data is already a known issue and this has been partially fixed and included in Essential Studio 2010 Volume 4 release which is planned to release on the end of October. The below metric will explain you about what we have achieved currently.

Test Case 1: (Columns - 102 , Rows - 500 )
------------------------------------------
GridGroupingControl(Current) : 1.36mins
GridGroupingControl(Volume 4): 17.68secs

Test Case 2: (Columns - 138 , Rows - 500 )
------------------------------------------
GridGroupingControl(Current) : 1.92mins
GridGroupingControl(Volume 4): 26.24secs

We are continuously working on getting the best performance. Once we have fixed the remaining that will be included in our forthcoming major releases.

Please periodically check our website for the release update and Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon