We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to get link license for build server

This is Fred from Citi group, as a developer, i've the syncfusion license installed on my PC, now we are trying to install syncfusion on our build server, can you tell how to get a "Link License"?

11 Replies

VS Velusamy Subramaniam Syncfusion Team September 30, 2010 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Fred ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Could you please contact the Syncfusion Sales in order to get a link license ?. After that, when you logs in to your Direct Trac account and click “My Products” page then you will able to see the link license build listed there in your products and obtain key for the same.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Velusamy

FG Fred Gu October 6, 2010 10:10 AM UTC

Hi , I've already got the key of version 4.4.0.51, could you advise how to use the key on our build server?

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team October 7, 2010 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your update.

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for configuring build machine using link license key:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2122/Configuring-a-build-machine-to-compile-projects-that-use-Syncfusion-products

Note: Please ignore the topic from "Configuring a build machine to compile projects after version V8.1.0.30" in the above KB article.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

FG Fred Gu October 11, 2010 02:39 AM UTC

Incident created(#72964) for this.
And before registering the link license key on our build server, I think first we should make sure the source files are there.
Do we need to copy over the installed syncfusion binary files from existing PC or directly install the syncfusion.4.4.0.51.exe?
If so, please kindly advise the detail steps to do this. Thanks!

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team October 11, 2010 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your update.

You no need to have the source files before registering the Syncfusion license key in your build server machine.

Could you please follow the below steps to configure your build server machine?

1. You no need to install the Syncfusion Essential Studio setup in your build machine.

2. You could just copy the binaries from existing PC which Essential Studio installed.

3. Download the utility from the below link.

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Build/RegisterProductkeyinBuildMachine.zip

4. Extract the zip file; it contains two files named enterkey.bat and synckeynoui.exe.

5. Open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.

6. Navigate to the parent folder of the batch file.

7. Run the command enterkey followed by your product key.

Note : Product key should be enclosed in the double quotes.

Example: C:\Work\Root>enterkey "PRODUCT KEY"

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

FG Fred Gu October 11, 2010 03:59 PM UTC

Maybe i should do a Xcopy, and put the copied binaries under the same directory on build server(C:/Program Files/Essential Studio/4.4.0.51/)? Would it be OK?

FG Fred Gu October 11, 2010 04:04 PM UTC

Btw, quick questions:
1) Can a link license key be applied to mnultiple build servers? Or each build server needs its own key?
2) How about the validity period of a link license key?
3) Going forward, if our syncfusion is updated to a new version, do we have to apply for a new key?

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team October 12, 2010 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your update.

You no need to copy the entire files in the Syncfusion installed folder(C:/Program Files/Essential Studio/4.4.0.51). You can just copy the Syncfusion assemblies(binaries) to your build machine is enough for build your application in build server.

1) You can use Single license key for multiple build servers but not in development machines.

2) Our License itself is perpetual and our support will expire after 12 months unless you renew your license.

3) You need to obtain new key each time whenever you upgrade since our keys are version specific. Could you please check with our Sales contact to ensure that the Link License as a product is added to your account in Direct Trac. That way you can obtain your key by logging in to Direct Trac for any current version of Essential Studio.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

FG Fred Gu October 13, 2010 10:06 AM UTC

Many thanks for the help!

Btw, do we have to put the copied binaries under the same directory as that on source server?

Consider below example:

Now we have Source binaries on source server:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Precompiledassemblies\4.4.0.51\2.0

Copy it to build server:

F:\libraries\2.0

Then do the registration on build server.

Would this work? If not, please kindly advise, thanks!

FG Fred Gu October 15, 2010 07:52 AM UTC

Dear Support, any update on this?

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team October 15, 2010 08:48 AM UTC

Hi Ferd,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

Yes. You can place the binaries in any location on the build server, But during the build process make sure that your project has referring the correct version of Syncfusion assemblies.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon