We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv Selecting Multiple Nodes is Extremely Slow

I'm using a multi column treeviewadv control. When there's a lot of records and you shift click from the first record to the last (to select all) the time it takes to process is incredibly slow. For 1300 nodes it takes about 12 seconds on my dev box.

Are there any known work arounds for this? Ironically if I start selecting from the bottom to the top the same number of nodes takes less than a second.

2 Replies

AE Aerathi August 20, 2010 07:28 PM UTC

Additionally if you start at the bottom of the list and shift click to the top it goes about 1 billion times faster.

Any ideas what's up with this?

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team August 30, 2010 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Aerathi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

By default, MultiColumnTreeView select the nodes from Top to Bottom so the when you click on Last node it takes time to select the Nodes. Please use the MultiColumnTreeView events in Application to avoid this issue sample attached in following link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=MultiColumnTreeView1375728113.zip

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon