We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Search on specific types in WordDocument

Is there a quick way to find specific types in a WordDocument object? In my case, I'm hoping to quickly find all form field items (WTextFormField) which may be nested in various sections of the document. This would be similar to the quick navigation for bookmarks. I'm trying to avoid some kind of laborious searching by inspecting the class/object hierarchies which maybe possible in a document.

Thanks,
Rolf

4 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team August 13, 2010 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have prepared the sample for your requirement. Could you please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps.

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=F959751268410303.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Poornima

RS Rolf Stocker August 13, 2010 12:41 PM UTC

This helps me to understand a simpler and cleaner way to find the formfields. Does this approach expose formfields which maybe nested in things like a table? Or do I have to inspect down the hierarchy of elements in the section by continuing to nest inner loops?

RS Rolf Stocker August 13, 2010 01:41 PM UTC

Ok, I see that the FormFields collection on a Section.Body contains all form fields including any that maybe in table cells. This helps alot.

Thank you

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team August 16, 2010 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad that you have found the answer by yourself.Please let us know if you have any futher queries.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon