We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Heat Map question

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

95963 Aug 12,2010 11:37 AM UTC Aug 20,2010 12:32 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: Chart
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On August 12, 2010 11:37 AM UTC

Does anyone know what clustering method and distance metric is used to generate the Heat Maps produced by the Chart widget (or other algorithm if it isn't based on a cluster analysis type algorithm)?

Vijayabharathi K [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 16, 2010 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.

A heat map chart is a graphical representation of data where the values taken by a variable in two-dimensional map are represented as colors. We generate the heat map in chart by clustering the points generated by the coefficients. We use two type of coefficient methods “color coefficient” and “area coefficient” to generate the cluster point in heat map. The Min and Max color are generated using the HeatMap points and then the color coefficient is calculated from them by comparing the min and max color. The area coefficient is generated for each point from the total number of points that are specified in series. These two coefficients are used to render the heat map in the specified layout style and color.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi K

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 17, 2010 12:15 AM UTC

Thank you for your response. I need to generate a similar style chart, but with the colors and area extents tailored to represent the results that would be generated by a statistical cluster analysis (or factor analysis). How difficult would it be to alter the behaviour of the heat map to serve this purpose? Would it be the type of thing that I could do myself, or would it get to technical or involved?

Vijayabharathi K [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 20, 2010 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Jan,

Thank you for you update.

Could you please let us know what type of input and output behavior do you expect in chart style? Can you share us the sample input/output behavior for chart style so that we could analyze the cause of the issue and provide you with a solution?

Please let me know if you have concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi K

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;