We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

SVG Graphics

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

95909 Aug 9,2010 10:15 AM Aug 12,2010 09:21 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: PDF
Gary Newell
Asked On August 9, 2010 10:15 AM

Is it possible when converting HTML to PDF for the web page to contain SVG graphics?

I have attempted converting a web page to PDF which contains SVG graphics but the resulting PDF shows everything apart from the graphics.

This may well answer my own question but I also might be missing an important section within my code so if it is possible can you provide a short example or point to documentation showing how this would be done.

Many thanks.

Gary Newell

Angappan G [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 12, 2010 09:21 AM

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Essential PDF.

We do not support rendering SVG graphics in HTML to PDF conversion. Our HTML converter internally makes use of mshtml library (Internet explorer's rendering engine) to load the HTML content and convert to it a vector or raster image. Essential PDF then renders the vector image as native PDF content. The problem here is that the image provided in the case of html pages with SVG do not contain the SVG content so it is not something that we can fix. In other words it is a limitation of our approach of converting HTML to PDF. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Angappan.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;