We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SVG Graphics

Is it possible when converting HTML to PDF for the web page to contain SVG graphics?

I have attempted converting a web page to PDF which contains SVG graphics but the resulting PDF shows everything apart from the graphics.

This may well answer my own question but I also might be missing an important section within my code so if it is possible can you provide a short example or point to documentation showing how this would be done.

Many thanks.

Gary Newell

1 Reply

AG Angappan G Syncfusion Team August 12, 2010 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Essential PDF.

We do not support rendering SVG graphics in HTML to PDF conversion. Our HTML converter internally makes use of mshtml library (Internet explorer's rendering engine) to load the HTML content and convert to it a vector or raster image. Essential PDF then renders the vector image as native PDF content. The problem here is that the image provided in the case of html pages with SVG do not contain the SVG content so it is not something that we can fix. In other words it is a limitation of our approach of converting HTML to PDF. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Angappan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon