We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multi Column TreeView expanding up

Hello

Is there a way to have the multi column treeview nodes expanding up ? (eg: showing children above their parents; or the way Excel displays subtotals below data)

If not, is there another hierarchical component that could do such a thing ?

Thanks
Nea Gicu

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team July 22, 2010 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Nea Gicu,

At present we don't have any hierarchial component with this feature.

We have logged this as a feature request in our database; we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

NE neagicu July 22, 2010 05:31 PM UTC

Thanks, Mageshyadav, for your reply.

I am playing with the MultiColumn TreeView as it seems the best fit for our needs for now and most probably we will purchase the whole package soon and make use of it as it is. And if the new feature will become available in the near future, it will be for the best.
We intend to use it in an Accounting application, and anybody could imagine how an accountant would expect its summary accounts (and their total amounts) to be displayed under the children they sum up.

Oh, one more thing. I must confess I've made a mistake: I was talking about the WindowsForms MultiColumn TreeView, so the post should have been under WindowsForms, not WPF, if it makes any difference.

Nea Gicu

RD Ramya D Syncfusion Team July 23, 2010 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Nea,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We regret that currently it is not possible to have the parent node at the bottom of its child nodes with the MultiColumnTreeView.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards
Ramya D.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon