We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom palette

Hi, I want to create simple application with DiagramWebControl and PaletteGroupBar. All works great with palettes shipped with installation, but when i design my own palette with Symbol Designer i keep getting this error message:

Unable to cast object of type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.SymbolPalette' to type 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.SymbolPalette'

Has anyone had similar problems?

I use Essential Studio 2010 vol. 2 - 8.2.0.18

Regards,
Lukas

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 12, 2010 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

By default the "Symbol designer" which you run from "Syncfusion -> Utilities -> Diagram -> Symbol designer" will run only in 2.0 framework version(refers to 8.202.0.18 ES version). So, if you modify any edp files with this, the version saved in that file would be in 2.0 framework version only.

So, if you want to run symbol designer utility in 3.5 framework version ( refers to 8.303.0.18 ES version), then please follow the following steps:

1) Open the source of Symbol designer from the following location

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\8.2.0.18\Utilities\Diagram\Symbol Designer\src

2) Open the "Symbol Designer_2008" solution file and run the application

3) Now load the edp file in this "symbol designer" and do your changes and save it. Now this edp file will work without any issues.

Please let me know if you have any clarifications.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon