We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UploadBox and IIS 7.5

Hi,
when publishing a site on a web server equipped with Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7.5, I encountered the following problem:

The SF UploadBox control works correctly only when the parameter "Managed Pipeline Mode" is set to "Classic" (IIS6 mode).
Configuring the "Managed Pipeline Mode" as "Integrated" upload not working (Events FileUploaded and BeforeFileSave are no longer generated).

I spent a long time to get my "solution" to this problem, let me know if you have experienced this behavior and possibly if you can overcome this problem and how.

Attached I have included a picture of the application pool advanced configuration tab of IIS 7.5.

Sincerely
Maurizio Selvaggini

Integrated Mode IIS_412e7010.zip

4 Replies

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team July 2, 2010 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Maurizio,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This is suspected to be a defect and we will forwarded this to your Development Team for more analysis. In the meanwhile could you please share the details about your solution in this forum so that it would be helpful for someone who faces this problem? I would also like to let you know that in addition to our Community Forums, we have other customized support avenues like our Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well.

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

MS Maurizio Selvaggini July 2, 2010 01:33 PM UTC

The solution I found to put at work the control UploadBox (version 8.203.0.18) in the Windows Server 2008 R2/IIS 7.5 environment is simple:
I set the parameter "Managed Pipeline Mode in IIS 7.5 to value
"Classic" instead of "Integrated". The parameter is located in application pool feature (advanced options) of the website.

I knew I could not write directly to the Direct Track system, thank you for the information, if I had other problems in the future I move towards that system of notification.

Thank you for support.

Maurizio Selvaggini

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team July 7, 2010 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for your update.

Currently we dont provide support of UploadBox in Integrated Pipeline mode. We have already added a feature request for the same in our Feature logging system.We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Untill this feature is available we kindly request your to use the "Managed Pipeline Mode" as "Classic" .

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team February 7, 2011 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Maurizio,

We are glad to announce that the reported feature is implemented in our Essential Studio Vol 1 2011.The Essential Studio volume 1 2011 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/98103/Essential-Studio-2011-Volume-1-Final-Release-v91020-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Varalakshmi.R.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon