We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rich Text Editor for ASP.NET takes line break as paragraph

Hi

I am using Syncfusion Rich Text Editor for ASP.NET in my application.
If I type an address with 4 lines in the Rich Text Editor display the same in another screen it gives extra space between lines.

When I checked the html, I could find, address lines are separated by paragraph tag instead of line break tag.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this.

Else is there any settings for Syncfusion Rich Text Editor to say line separation should be done with
tag.

1 Reply

LK Lakxman Kumar C Syncfusion Team June 29, 2010 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Sweety,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

When any text is typed in the RichTExtEdior and Enter key is pressed, automatically the paragraph tag will be entered. This behaviour imitates the Microsoft Office Word behaviour which induces the paragraph tag when the Enter key is pressed. Currently we don’t have an option to explicitly enforce the RichTextEditor to place the br tag when the Enter key is pressed. We have forwarded this to our Development Team for more analysis. Meanwhile we would like to let you know that in addition to our Community Forums, we have other customized support avenues like our Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well.

Regards,
Lakxman Kumar C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon