We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FolderBrowser and browsing for computer

I am trying to use the FolderBrowser dialog to select a computer. The dialog behaves correctly but once I have selected a computer and clicked OK the selection in empty. This behaviour is also present in the example FolderBrowserDemo. I set the FolderBrowseStyle to be BrowseForComputer and the StartLocation to be NetworkNeighborhood. Thanks

3 Replies

NV Nik Vale September 5, 2002 07:29 PM UTC

I am using XP Professional

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team September 6, 2002 03:18 PM UTC

Hi Nik, Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. A QA report has been filed and, though a timeframe cannot be guaranteed, we will do our best to address this issue in a future update to Essential Tools. We are currently looking into this issue and I will update this message if and when we arrive at a workaround/fix. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team September 9, 2002 02:57 PM UTC

Nik, This issue has been addressed. The FolderBrowser component that ships with the next update to Essential Tools(due in a couple of weeks) will return the name of the selected computer in the FolderBrowser.DirectoryPath property. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon