We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelToPdfConverter: System.OutOfMemoryException

Hi,

we have upgraded our Application to the latest Syncfusion Version 8.2.0.18 to use the ExcelToPdfConverter.

With some simple XLS/XLSX files everything is fine, but with a larger more complex file we are experiencing the above mentioned errors.

Attached is a snippet of an error message taken from the event log of my developer computer. This computer has 3GB of RAM and at least 500MB were free at the time the error occured.

Also, there is no spike of memory usage in the task manager before the error occurs.

The exception is thrown on this line of code:

pdfDoc = converter.Convert(settings);

The code in my function looks almost the same as the code in your example here: http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/8.2.0.18/Web/Pdf.Web/samples/3.5/Product%20Showcase/ExceltoPDF/CS/ExceltoPDF.aspx

Also, if I upload the excel file on this page I don't get a pdf file, so I don't think there is a problem with my computer.

I'm checking right now if I'm allowed to send the xls file to you or not, but I though it would be good to post some details before.

best regards,
Stefan Wasinger

error_25cc63d1.rar

1 Reply

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team June 9, 2010 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for using Syncfusion products.

I have update my response for the similar query posted in the direct trac incident(68831).Could you please follow up the direct trac incident for further discussions.

Please, let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon