We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Custom zooming

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

94752 May 31,2010 04:15 PM UTC Jun 7,2010 06:23 AM UTC WPF 3
Tags: Chart
Richard Tang
Asked On May 31, 2010 04:15 PM UTC

I need to implement my own zooming for the chart because the existing one does not work for me. We need the x and y axis maintain the same scale all the time so the chart grid will always be square.

1, Now what I need to know is, how can I access the chart grid area width and height? I can only find the width and height for the whole chart control but I will need to know the grid area size in runtime.

2, I need to draw a semi-parent square whilke user click and drag in the chart grid area for the zooming, now how can I do the hittest of the mouse click so I know the click and drag is in the chart grid area?

Thanks.

Sujitha S [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 1, 2010 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for choosing syncfusion product.

We have used VisualTreeHelper to get the grid Height and Width. Please refer to the attached sample.

Colud you please send us the snapshot or other information about the semi-parent square thus helps us to work on this.

Let me know, If you have any queries.

Regards
Sujitha S

ZoomingAnd Scrolling_de494b63.zip

Richard Tang
Replied On June 1, 2010 12:59 PM UTC

Thanks for the information. I will try it out.

For the semi-parent rectangle issue, I am just trying to use the same user interaction for zooming as syncfusion or other product. User click and drag in the chart grid area, they will see the semi-parent rectangle show up and that area will then be zoomed in.

I can not use the syncfusion existing zooming because I want to maintain the equal scale of x/y axis before and after zooming.

Anothe rissue of implementing the custom zooming is the interval. I noticed even if I set the axis interval to be a fix number, say 100, then after I reset the axis ZoomFactor or Range, the actual interval(you call it VisibleInterval) is different. Is there a way for me to set the actual interval to be always the meaningful number like 1,2,5,10,20,50,100...?

Sujitha S [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 7, 2010 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion product.

I have created a simple sample for adding semi parent area on sector zooming.

Please find the attached sample.

Let me know, If you have any queries.

Regards
Sujitha S

SectorZooming_76800469.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;