We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with Popup Control in GDBG cell

Hi,
This is the scenario. I have a GDBG with a few GridBoundColumns. I have created a custom cell type which is a popup container. I used the example in the Dashboard (DropDownFormandUserControlSample) to get this done.

A small description about my pop up container. It has a splitter control. Both panels contain TreeViewAdv controls. Based on a selection from my left TreeViewAdv control, i populate the TreeViewAdv control on the right panel of the Splitter control.

Lets assume that there are a few entries in the right panel now. As long as the entries in the right panel fit inside the panel exactly, i am able to select them and carry on. But incase there is some entry which is longer, it doesn't fit inside the panel and hence we get a corresponding scroll bar at the bottom. But when i move my Mouse over this entry or try selecting it, the DropDownContainerCloseDropDown fires with the PopupCloseType.Deactivated argument. Because of this, the Popup Closes. How should i handle this. I dont want the dropdown to close in such a case where the entry doesn't fit inside the panel.

1 Reply

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team May 15, 2010 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Srinivasan,

we appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

I can able to see the mentioned issue of the tree view in Popup Container. This type of issue had found in our previous versions of 7.x. In which the tree control disappears as if it tries to show the tool tip that displays the hidden text. This mentioned issue has been fixed in the later versions after 7.3, and if you are using the older versions, you can better upgrade to the latest version which has several fixes including this behavior.

The details regarding the latest version of Essential Studio is specified in the forum and the link is as follows:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/93921/essential-studio-2010-volume-2-final-release-v82018-available-for-download

Let me know if you have any other concern.

Regards,
Christopher K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon