We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Evaluating row level editing in grid.

Hi
I am evaluating Essential Grid for Asp.net. And one of the features, I want to explore is the editing/inserting of data without using mouse.

http://samples.syncfusion.com/ASPNET/8.2.0.18/Web/Grid.Grouping.Web/samples/3.5/CRUDOperations/EditCellTypes/cs/EditCellType.aspx?args=7

1 - Moving to different cells without using mouse. This I could see working.
2 - Once I entered the data, then I want to save it with some keyboard key. How to achieve that?
3 - How to bring a particular row into edit mode? If possible using keyboard?
4 - Can we assign shortcut keys to functions of the grid? Like Add/Delete/Update/View

Any link which shows these kind of features will be very helpful. Please advise.

Thanks
Pankaj

1 Reply

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team April 15, 2010 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

“Once I entered the data, then I want to save it with some keyboard key. How to achieve that?”

We suggest you to press Enter to save after editing the values which will save the edited records.

“How to bring a particular row into edit mode? If possible using keyboard? , Can we assign shortcut keys to functions of the grid? Like Add/Delete/Update/View”

We suggest you to have the button with Access key and color properties as transparent. Also in the click event of the button, we suggest you to set the current record to edit, delete or save the edited records.

Due to security reason we are unable to provide you the sample in public forums. Please raise an incident in Direct- Trac , so that we could provide you the sample.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Jaffer.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon