We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ribbon Panel - Toolstrips vanishing in designer

I'm having an issue at design time where toolstrips are vanishing from the ribbon panel. For example, I have a ribbon panel with two toolstrips on it and when I click the tab to select the panel in designer, the window repaints itself and the second toolstrip vanishes. When I run the application, the toolstrip does not appear.

If I close the project and look at the window designer file in notepad I can see that the toolstrip exists in the form it is no longer displayed in the designer or at run time.

If I open the properties window in designer and pick one of the controls on that missing toolstrip, the window repaints and the toolstrip appears. But as soon as I click away from it, the toolstrip vanishes again.

How can I fix this?

v7.4.0.20 on XP

3 Replies

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team March 17, 2010 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion product.

I have added two main tab items. In one tab i have two tool strips. When i select the tab, the tool strips are not vanishing. I have attached the sample in which i checked for the issue. Can you provide some more information to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

RibbonPanel_694a0999.zip

MD Matthew Daniels March 18, 2010 08:44 AM UTC

Hi

Please take a look at the attached video clip.

There should be two toolstrips on the Settings tab - one called Device and one called Region, but the Region one has vanished.

The only way to make it appear is by selecting it from the properties panel on the bottom right. When it appears I can edit the buttons etc. as I wish.

Then notice I click onto the Home tab, then back to the Settings tab, and the Region toolstrip has vanished again.

If I do a build and run, the Region toolstrip does not appear.

VanishingToolstripVideo.avi_db42da48.zip

RB Rajasekar B Syncfusion Team March 18, 2010 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the update and providing infroamtion.

We are able to see the issue in provided video file. But we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. It is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing the sample. We have searched our support database for any such similar issues, and found no similar issues found.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? or reproduce the issue in previously provided sample. Provide us the scenerio when it happens, whether the toolstrip disappears whenever a particular control is added? If you provide us some more information regarding the property settings it will be helpfull for us to investigate the issue deeply and resolve it.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Regards,
Rajasekar

RibbonPanel_5825fef6.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon