We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug in SVG Export

Hallo,
we would like to replace the visio modeling engine in our porgramm by using your diagram engine. There is only one problem, we need at least one working vector graphik format to export in. There for you provide a SVG export but it seemes that this does not work perfectly.

I created an easy diagram in your Diagram Builder which contains only to rectangles connected with one connector. Than I saved it as SVG and opened the file with Altova XML Spy which sais the file is not valid! That is not the worse part because XML Spy sais the same about Visio SVG exports but if I open now visio and import the file I get a long message.

I have unfortunatly only the German version and so it is senseless to post the message here but it tolds basically the 'stroke-dashoffset' is ignored, stroke-miterlimit='10' can be only 3. It also sais (translated by me):

[Warning] Datatype:
Context: Sheet.5!LocPinY
Description: Visio can't assigne the given formula to a cell and replaced it with an alternative.
Old Formula: Height*-1.#INF
New Formula: 0

This does not happen if I do not add the connector between the boxes. This connector is also placed far away from the boxes if I load the file to Visio. If this happens because of a typical Microsoft solo-atempt than please add a new entry as visio compatible SVG because we realy need this.

The import from visio to the diagram builder is even worse. If I create the same graphic described before in Visio, saved it to SVG and try to open it in your diagram builder the software crashes with the message (translated by me): "The inputstream does not has a valid binary format. The start content (in Bytes) are: 3C-7F-..." After that another message occures: "The following error occured in the applcation: Control does not have a model. Would you like to continue running the application." After hitting Yes or No, it works in both cases, the application crashes completly.

Ok, I unterstand that there migth be no importfeature from SVG to your format but this is also a key feature.

Please do not understand me wrong. I am realy enthusiastic about your work, the functionality and price is amazing and I am sure that you will find a solution for the problems but we can not use/buy your framework if we do not have functionality to export and import data to and from visio in a clean way. Otherwise we get trouble from our customers.

2 Replies

HA HarldK February 26, 2010 10:45 AM UTC

I saw now another problem. The bounding boxes for symbols are far to large in visio. They have the size of the whole sheet and not only of the symbole. This seems to be another bug.

I tried it now with importing following example as svg to Visio and it worked very well so it seems the your exporter does not match the standard.

http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_example.asp

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team March 5, 2010 06:36 AM UTC

Hi HendrikLösch,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Our sales team will get in touch with you regarding the queries that you have posted.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon